Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion v1.5 Released!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi ,

I need ise30 tick story but i couldn’t find it.
    Can you help me please?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Johnycash,

At the moment Tickstory only provides data that is sourced from Dukascopy which I don’t believe list this information. If you have a data-source that can provide this information, please let us know the details in the “Suggestions” forum.

Thanks.

ninjaturtle
    Participant

does the software work on recent mt4 models ?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Ninjaturtles,

Yes, the software is working with the latest MT4 Builds.

Regards.

Dizzy bar
    Participant

Tickstory did not work on Windows Xp 64 edition version 2003 servicepack 2 .

Dizzy bar
    Participant

My error.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Dizzybar,

This error typically occurs when .NET v3.5 is not installed correctly. Please refer to this thread for more information:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=445&p=2221

Regards.

mrmedia
    Participant

I have gone and got 10 years of data, and selected “Filter duplicate ticks” and will eventually find out the file size……….
    but 5 years worth with unselected “Filter duplicate ticks” actually generated .FXT files in /history/tester that were bigger than 6GB.

So how does 4GB limitation work in here,
    Is read but truncated??? cannot be read at all ????? chart bars will fill to the limit ?????

As a plan maybe –
    It seems that generating all the .HST is okay, and desired for charts.
    But then for .FXT – install 4 years to MT4installationA and an earlier 4 years to MT4installationB and remaining in MT4installationC.

i.e. 7GB 1 min data only chart back to 02/07/2013
    but i had a setting for chart bars as 512000 and is now 2147483.647 bars
    so dont yet know how much is seen and where 4GB kicks in.

kkaushal
    Participant

Hi Tickstory team

Firstly I want to say a great big thankyou for providing a data service like this – it has been a life saver.

I am spreading the word about you! 🙂

I wanted to ask a bit about this service. Is there any point in the future that you will start charging for the data? or make this a totally paid service?

And do you have some sort of paid version (as apposed to Lite version which is free) , and if so, what are the benefits of the paid version?

I want to ensure I understand all the services you offer and want to make you the solution that all my traders I talk to use for their data

thanks again!

Regards,

Kumar

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi MrMedia,

The 4GB limitation relates to the FXT files which are used only during the back-test phase. All visual charts etc should be unaffected.
    When back-testing with greater than 4GB files, you will typically receive some sort of an error and an early termination of the back-test. The back-test seems to work on first 4GB of data although other “odd” behaviour is possible so it is highly recommended not to back-test under this scenario.

Hope this helps.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Kkaushal,

Thanks for the kind feedback and also spreading the word! In regards to your questions, Tickstory will not be charging to provide the market data. The current Forex data is provided free by Dukascopy and we are merely looking to make this and other such quality data sources easily available to our users.

That said, we do need to pay the bills and we are currently developing a paid-for version of Tickstory (that is offered alongside the free version). The paid-for version will offer additional utilities for professional traders (such as gap analysis & cleansing, data export to various formats, etc) to allow professionals to manage their back-testing data-sets.

We look forward to your continued support and please feel free to make any suggestions for additional features!

Regards.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi all,

v1.5.2 is now available! Included are a few fixes and improvements including:

Improvements
    • Dukascopy WTI Light Crude Oil has changed from WTICMDUSD to LIGHTCMDUSD.
    • Add new pre-defined format to export bar data to Ninjatrader.

Fixes
    • MT4 Export: Swap not being enabled correctly on export
    • Dukascopy WTI Light Crude Oil price was incorrect.

Feedback welcome, as always!

Happy back-testing!

kevinickel
    Participant

Thanks for update it for us.
    Where can we download the latest 1.5.2 version, please?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi KevinNickel,

Latest download link is always available on the Tickstory home page – http://www.tickstory.com.

Kind regards.

danny_pip
    Participant

Where can we download 1.5.2 ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.