Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion v1.5 Released!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, on the homepage I only can download 1.5.1.
    In 1.5.1 I also found about in the calculation of the CCI indicator.When I use the strategy tester in visual mode for instance on the 5M timeframe, and I do a print of the CCI values of the 1M timeframe, the CCI is not calculated and only shows zero’s.
    If you don’t know what I mean, I’ll show some printscreens. Maybe this problem is already solved in the new release.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Dannypip,

Try ‘force’-refreshing your page as it may be stale. The direct link to the download is:

http://tickstory.com/files/tickstorylite_setup.1.5.2.zip

Regarding the CCI indicator, I would suggest that you ensure you are getting 99.9% back-testing quality first to ensure you are using the correct data. There is no change in the updated version that would affect the value of the CCI. Tickstory does not generate any data pertaining to CCI – MT4 calculates this off from the historical data it has. Other things to check would be to ensure you are not querying beyond the historical data you have exported (including ensuring your strategy-tester date range encapsulates this historical range). Also check that you are querying the symbol correctly (etc).

We would also advise that you try troubleshoot with various other indicators and see if there is a similar problem. Unless there’s something specifically wrong with the data being output by Tickstory, we have limited scope to help with what could be an EA-specific issue.

Regards.

danny_pip
    Participant

I’ve just installed the release 1.5.2 and the problems I had with the CCI on a 1M timeframe seems to be solved.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Great to hear, Danny_pip.

SuperOleg
    Participant

Hello!

I have been using Tickstory program for the past year for back-testing of my own trade robot’s.
    Everything works fantastic, my thanks 🙂
    However, in the latest version (1.5.2) in tests, I have found noticed the divergence in the final calculation of profit (or either loss) for each trade.
    For clarity, I attached 2 screenshots with results of deals in the same terminal and same robot with the same settings.

EUR / USD M5
    Differences begin from 12th trade.

(1.5.1)

(1.5.2)

Setting’s TickstoryLite:

I think, the only explanation for this is that Tickstory version 1.5.2 installs quotes to the terminal with the 5th sign.
    Function “_Digits” returns sign: 4, in both versions.
    Thank you,
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 🙂

Sincerely,
    Oleg

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi SuperOleg,

The main change between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 that may affect your results is a fix that ensured swap was applied correctly. You should be able to cross-check this by using 1.5.2 and setting ‘Swap enable’ to 0 and seeing if you get the same results as in 1.5.1.

Other than this, there were no other changes made between these versions that should affect your back-test results.

Hope this helps.

mrmedia
    Participant

you have some commodities.
    This is great and thankyou for your efforts.

Wanted to ask………
    what is the source? Is it possible that more will be added, for example Coffee ?
    Generally is there a recommended way to add a new symbol and import a trusted data source manually?

Has it been tried but conclusion was to wait until it is done properly as results ca vary ?

I’m quite happy to be patient and accept what comes along, but was curious to look at Coffee.
    Mainly because when it is charging up if can fly, but it may all be overnight gaps …..etc….

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi MrMedia,

The source of all the data at the moment is from Dukascopy (http://www.dukascopy.com) who provide a trading exchange/platform that trade these instruments. If they introduce Coffee for trading then it’s a possibility for us to acquire this information.
    If you have any other sources that might provide us this information then please let us know and we can look to including it.

Thanks.

mrmedia
    Participant

well i have not looked into it. And there are so many many issues. ( like quality/legal…..all the effort for only 2-3 more symbols etc…… )
    But will mention, although i am reluctant to do so with this crowd, but………..

I read they are planning to introduce an expanded CFD range, and code is there to look at…..so may be easy to include………..

http://fxcodebase.com/wiki/index.php/Download
    http://fxcodebase.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_ForexConnect_API%3F

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi MrMedia,

Thanks for the links. Reading through the documentation it’s not entirely clear what platforms are supported. From what it seems, it is only limited to those with FXCM accounts?

Regards.

rpg
    Participant

Hello Tick
    Will there be a new version coming?

Thanks

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Rpg,

Yes there will be a new version coming. We are rebuilding Tickstory from the ground-up and it’s taking some hard work. If you haven’t already, please ‘Like/Follow’ us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up-to-date with information as it happens.

Kind regards.

rever27
    Participant

Good Evening, Tickstory.

New version of MT4 Build 825 is already used.
    And 1.5.2 Tickstory is not see it.
    When we can expect new upgrade?

Thank you

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Rever27,

This issue is being tracked here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=681

Regards.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi all,

v1.6 is now out and supports the latest MT4 Builds. Please see here for details:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=696

Regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.