Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion v1.5 Released!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi tickstory,

thanks for response.. so:

1) i use the Tickstory v 1.5.1.0, of your good software! and i use format file build 545+ (to generate file)..

..i follow all your video steps for install and configuration
    ..i download data from dukascopy about a cross and than i open mt4 preconfigured from your tickstory lite sw

2) I try to upload data on MT4 of different brokers all versions are v4.00 build 646 (about 30 april 2014 or similar) and the others brokers are the same because when connection was established they make me automatic upgrade to this build…

i try too with a MT4 same build without first connection..

the messages log of software are

06-06-2014 00:33 Verificato un errore durante il download: Errore del server remoto: (404) Non trovato. (URL: http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/CADJPY/2014/05/05/22h_ticks.bi5)

and on details

Nome del prodotto: Tickstory Liternla versione del prodotto: 1.5.1.0rnDettagli:rnOperazione richiesta sugli Appunti non riuscita.
    in System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy, Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
    in ..()
    in ..†(Object , EventArgs )
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

SO I LUNCH MT4 PLATFORM FROM TICKSTORY LITE BUT I CAN’T FIND DATA ON TESTER FOR BACKTEST

ps: if i need prevuois version to work better, whit your release, please tell me where can i find?!?! 🙄

REGARDS

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Triton – thanks for the further details. From translating the errors you are getting, it seems that Tickstory cannot get the data from the web for some reason. Could you firstly do the following in Tickstory:

1) Go to File->Settings
    2) In the Dukascopy Datasource tab, press the “Test” button. If your configuration and network is correct, you should get an “OK” message. If not, please let us know the error message you get. The “404” error message you gave means that the server could not find the given URL (http://www.dukascopy.com/datafeed/CADJPY/2014/05/05/22h_ticks.bi5), however when we click on it there is no such problem.

Make sure you only download one instrument at a time if you are having difficulty.

Hope this helps.

triton
    Participant

Hi Tickstory!!

here the steps that i did:

1) I installed Tickstory lite v1.5.1
    2) I runned Test on menu File/Options/Dukascopy origin data-Test button
    3) I set MT4 correct on istance of TradeFort (than I opened and connected on demo broker account for first installation)

4) I download data from dukascopy
    5) I upload your Ea’s TickstoryInfoExpert on generic chart of Mt4 and activate usual Ea’s options, than i upload metatraderInfo on your software before export data in Mt4

a question.. why i find this files configuration

Mt4.Generic4DigitBroker.mt4config,
    Mt4.FactoryDefault.mt4config,
    Mt4.Default.mt4config

and not one whit name of broker that i use, in my case Tradefort (like your help indications writes)

6) I closed mt4 and..
    5) I exported data on MT4
    6) I launched MT4 from Tickstory lite with F8, the mt4 now are not connected on broker

7) MT4 Tradefort open correctly but i can’t find data

http://s14.postimg.org/4u84c244h/image_for_tickstory_data_missed.png

please i can’t understand where i fall 👿 😐

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Triton,

Thanks for the further details. Regarding your question 4), the *.config file for your broker will reside in the testerfiles or MQL4Files depending on whether you have run the Tickstory EA on the chart or from the tester. As such, when loading the *.config file you will need to search for the file in these locations.

Regarding step 7), I am not sure what your screenshot is trying to show. If you are trying to use the data you exported, all you need to do is select the instrument that you exported (EURUSD, for example) and then begin the back-test. The final back-test report should show that you have got 99.9% modelling quality which will indicate that you have successfully tested with tick data.

Hope this answers your questions.

triton
    Participant

Hi! guys

sorry for my insistance.. i’m trying to configure correctly all steps but…

1) the file .config THERE ISN’T IN TWO DIRECTORY THAT YOU TELL ME…
    there isn’t in MT4 DataFolder>testerfiles
    and there isn’t in MQL4Files

i runned your eas directly on one chart when i installed mt4 first time, i opened a chart and i drugged an drop on it.. likle any EAS

2) than i downloaded data from dukascopy, i selected generic 5 digit file .config (because i can’t find the one of mt4 broker configurated = TencoForex)..

i exported (step 1 in the image)
    i selected parameters and cross from tester (step 2 on image) because isn’t automatically selected when i lunch mt4 from tickstory (F8)
    i lunched test and the result is on image attached (point 3 ???)

http://i61.tinypic.com/v45tz5.png

why??????????? the platform don’t work whit correct data??? the files seem correct..

http://i58.tinypic.com/2retwno.png

I hope I was clear this time!

thanks & regards

so in

triton
    Participant

this time i exported 2 years and half.. but i have the same error condition whit any period.. like 1 year of data period or 6 month…

with .fxt files less then 2gbyte..

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Triton – thanks for the further information – the screenshots were particularly helpful. It seems that your MT4 symbol name is “GBPUSDnospr” not “GBPUSD”. As such, you need to make sure you “Map to” this symbol name by setting the “Maps to” field to “GBPUSDnospr” when exporting. You will notice that there are HST & FXT files named “GBPUSDnospr” which is what MT4 is generating when it is back-testing. Once you have exported correctly, Tickstory will create these files. As for the GBPUSD30_0.fxt (etc) files, you can remove these if you like – MT4 will not be using these at all.

To find out more about using the “Maps To” feature, see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=435&p=1919

The manual also describes this feature.

Hope this helps.

junixsy5219
    Participant

i hope tickstory will include stocks CFD particularly us stocks. I have been trading us stocks. I will greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Junixsy,

Thanks for your feedback. Where would you expect Tickstory to source the data from? Yahoo? We are planning such a feature.

Regards.

Bean76
    Participant

Hi All,

I just downloaded V1.5 last week.
    I’m using Admiral Market 5 digits MT4 Build 670.
    No data to run back test after imported from downloaded tick data.
    Anyone having same problem?

Regards,
    Kevin Chua

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Bean76,

Without detailed information, we’re assuming you’re getting the “no data for testing” error which is discussed in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354

Have a search for other forum topics by searching for the error message you are getting.

Otherwise, please provide some detailed information about what error you are getting any relevant information such as:

– What symbol you are trying to export and the name of the symbol in your broker MT4 terminal (eg. ‘EURUSDm’).
    – Whether you are launching MT4 via Tickstory in portable mode (i.e. In Tickstory File->Settings->MT4 Settings, your ‘Command-line arguments’ are set to ‘/portable’).
    – A screenshot of the contents of your data folder directory (In MT4, go to File->Open Data folder).
    – Your Tickstory MT4 configuration setup (particularly the location of your data folder – it needs to match the location of the MT4 Data Folder above).
    – And any other information that may assist.

Thanks.

Bean76
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Bean76,

Without detailed information, we’re assuming you’re getting the “no data for testing” error which is discussed in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354

Have a search for other forum topics by searching for the error message you are getting.

Otherwise, please provide some detailed information about what error you are getting any relevant information such as:

– What symbol you are trying to export and the name of the symbol in your broker MT4 terminal (eg. ‘EURUSDm’).
    – Whether you are launching MT4 via Tickstory in portable mode (i.e. In Tickstory File->Settings->MT4 Settings, your ‘Command-line arguments’ are set to ‘/portable’).
    – A screenshot of the contents of your data folder directory (In MT4, go to File->Open Data folder).
    – Your Tickstory MT4 configuration setup (particularly the location of your data folder – it needs to match the location of the MT4 Data Folder above).
    – And any other information that may assist.

Thanks.

Got it after open mt4 from application and change the currency to EURUSD-Pro.

Thanks

junixsy5219
    Participant

Re: v1.5 Released!
    Postby tickstory » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Junixsy,

Thanks for your feedback. Where would you expect Tickstory to source the data from? Yahoo? We are planning such a feature.

Regards.
    tickstory

Thank you for showing interest in supporting that feature. I dont know of any good source of data. But i prefer tick or 1 minute data. I think dukascopy supports some US stocks like aapl, microsoft, intel , etc.. I have downloaded some of there data tick , 1 minute for those stocks but i have problem importing it to mt4 thats why i ask if its possible for tickstory to add us stocks since youve done an excellent job at downloading and importing data to mt4 as i have tried it on EURUSD. Its very neat and beautiful. I use mt4 for charting and use other platform for trade execution

zanzistor
    Participant

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Zanzistor,

Just tried downloading Copper data for the last week (9 Sep-15 Sep 2014) and there were no issues. Check your internet connection and see if other pairs are having similar problems.

Regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.