Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion Prefix Suffix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi! I wan to ask how to find out prefix suffix parameter. Whan i launch Tickstoryinfoexpert he shows me an error :
    Warning: Digits for Symbol XXXX was zero.Maybe your broker does not support this symbol (or you need to specify a symbol suffix?)
    Warning Point for symbol XXX waz zero.Maybe your broker does not support this symbol (or you need to specify a symbol suffix?)
    Warning: Spread for Symbol XXXXX was zero.
    I Trade on Instaforex https://www.instaforex.com/
    I asked TechSupport for answer, but they dont know answer ๐Ÿ˜•

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi MoralProxy,

You should be able to tell any prefix or suffix simply by looking at the names of the symbols in your MT4 terminal. If, for example, ‘EURUSD’ is named ‘EURUSDm’ in your MT4 then use the suffix ‘m’. Of course, if your symbol is just named ‘EURUSD’ then leave the suffix parameter blank.

It is still possible that the TickstoryInfoExpert gives you a few warnings as it attempts to query a range of symbols that your broker may not support. In these cases you will get the occasional message reporting this.

Hope this helps.

moralproxy
    Participant

Ok, i will leave it blank, but what about another parameters? The parameters which gives Tickstoryadvisor and Marketinfo is different. For example advisor shows parameter point as 0.00001, and MarketInfo shows 0.0001, which is more correct for this broker….

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

If you are using the TickstoryInfoExpert then all these settings will be determined automatically for you by querying your broker settings. For more information you can consult the user manual which has a section dedicated to this topic.

Hope this helps.

moralproxy
    Participant

When i exported tick data to my mt4, i encountered problems with incorrect broker data on this page:

Tickstory advisor give me incorrect data, but in help section i find mention about MarketInfo Function.
    I writ a small script to retrieve correct data, and this scrit shows more correct result, which equals wit data on brokers site and info, which give me techsupport of broker.

void OnStart()
    {
    Alert(“Symbol=”,”EURUSD”);
    Alert(“Low day price=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_LOW));
    Alert(“High day price=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_HIGH));
    Alert(“The last incoming tick time=”,(MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_TIME)));
    Alert(“Last incoming bid price=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_BID));
    Alert(“Last incoming ask price=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_ASK));
    Alert(“Point size in the quote currency=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_POINT));
    Alert(“Digits after decimal point=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_DIGITS));
    Alert(“Spread value in points=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_SPREAD));
    Alert(“Stop level in points=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_STOPLEVEL));
    Alert(“Lot size in the base currency=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_LOTSIZE));
    Alert(“Tick value in the deposit currency=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_TICKVALUE));
    Alert(“Tick size in points=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_TICKSIZE));
    Alert(“Swap of the buy order=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_SWAPLONG));
    Alert(“Swap of the sell order=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_SWAPSHORT));
    Alert(“Market starting date (for futures)=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_STARTING));
    Alert(“Market expiration date (for futures)=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_EXPIRATION));
    Alert(“Trade is allowed for the symbol=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_TRADEALLOWED));
    Alert(“Minimum permitted amount of a lot=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_MINLOT));
    Alert(“Step for changing lots=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_LOTSTEP));
    Alert(“Maximum permitted amount of a lot=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_MAXLOT));
    Alert(“Swap calculation method=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_SWAPTYPE));
    Alert(“Profit calculation mode=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_PROFITCALCMODE));
    Alert(“Margin calculation mode=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_MARGINCALCMODE));
    Alert(“Initial margin requirements for 1 lot=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_MARGININIT));
    Alert(“Margin to maintain open orders calculated for 1 lot=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_MARGINMAINTENANCE));
    Alert(“Hedged margin calculated for 1 lot=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_MARGINHEDGED));
    Alert(“Free margin required to open 1 lot for buying=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_MARGINREQUIRED));
    Alert(“Order freeze level in points=”,MarketInfo(“EURUSD”,MODE_FREEZELEVEL));
    }

IT IS A RAW EXAMPLE BECAUSE I AM A FAR_FAR_FAR NOT PROGRAMMER!!!!

CAN DEVELOPER MAKE GOOD SCRIPT FOR GETTIN CORRECT DATA AND PUT IT IN INSTALLATION PACKADGE???? ๐Ÿ™‚

moralproxy
    Participant

Unfortunately Tickstory expert gives wrong data.
    Look i have Instaforex Eurika account. This info gives me Tickstory Advisor

And This info gives Marketinfo script

Marketinfo gives more correct values. I will put them.
    So i find out a lot of parameters, comission parameters i find at this topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=346

So left undescovered next parameters:
    -Swap Rollo
    -Free margin mode
    -Stopout mode
    -Stopout Level
    ๐Ÿ™‚

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

Which data is incorrect? I note that in your screenshot you are looking at the details for AUDCAD yet your code example gets the details for EURUSD.
    Note that the TickstoryInfoExpert performs exactly the same commands to obtain the instrument information.

Regards.

moralproxy
    Participant

Here is screenshot for EURUSD, generated by TickstoryAdvisor, the same stuff….

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi MoralProxy,

Based on your screenshot, you have input a suffix of “m” in your TickstoryInfoExpert parameters as denoted by the fact your “Maps To” symbol is “EURUSDm”. This means that the EA is trying to query the symbol “EURUSDm” instead of “EURUSD” which is why you are not getting the correct details. Try re-running the expert with a blank suffix and you should get the correct details.

Thanks.

moralproxy
    Participant

If I leave blank i have the same result and with any prefix parameter i have this error:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=452&p=1988&hilit=was+zero&sid=f7f7452ab2d06a1def26d58c63ad82fe#p1988

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

Could you kindly give a screenshot of your MT4 terminal? First thing to establish is what the name of your EURUSD symbol is in your MT4 terminal. If it’s ‘EURUSD’ then you are correct not to have any suffix defined in the TickstoryInfoExpert parameters. Note that the message “Warning: Digits for Symbol XXXX was zero.Maybe your broker does not support this symbol (or you need to specify a symbol suffix?)” is likely to occur since the EA tries to query a number of symbols that may not be available at your broker. As long as there is no error for EURUSD, all the details (Lot size, etc) for EURUSD should be correct.

Thanks.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

Could you also please try run the script from any live chart window. If you are running the EA from the tester, it could possibly be picking up the wrong terminal settings.

Thanks.

moralproxy
    Participant

On monday i will record video and drop it on youtube, and all detail will bee seen ๐Ÿ™‚
    I dont know how to use live chart(( ๐Ÿ˜ณ

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

When viewing the ‘Expert advisors’ tree in the Navigator, you can simply drag the TIckstoryInfoExpert icon on to any chart.
    If this doesn’t work, appreciate more detail about the steps you are taking so we can assist further.

Thanks.

(P.S. This thread will be merged with your other thread as I believe it relates to the same issue).

moralproxy
    Participant

WTF!!! I dont know what happened, but today advisor gives almost correct data ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

1.Icorrect is commision setup, here is specs of my accounts instrument https://www.instaforex.com/specifications.php

Comission is 3 Pips from each deal, this info confirmed with broker support. But its not problem, because this info is very easy to find.
    So right params of comission is 3-1-1 instead 0-1-0(Leverage determined is correct ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Spread is incorrect too. The spread is = 0. And because of this we have this error which i described in the beginnig of this topic:

Advisor do not understand the zero spread an set in to 2 pips as defaul. So it it no problem too, info about spread is easy to find ๐Ÿ˜‰

And this is important parameter – MGN INIT
    Advisor shows 100000, but this script:

This scrip shows this parameter as = 0

So this is a main question about this parameter!!! Maybie i use wrong script to check this parameter????? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Very strange, advisor shows MGN_MAINT parameter equal to parameter, which shows this script:

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINMAINTENANCE));

But MGN_INIT is not equal to this script

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGININIT));

It is some kind of discrepancy…….

Maybie Margin init = Lot size????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.