Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion Prefix Suffix

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

Thanks for the details – good to hear that you have solved most of your issue.

Regarding the settings you have highlighted as incorrect, these are settings that need to be manually entered since MT4 unfortunately doesn’t allow you to acquire this information via MQL. You will note leverage, for example, cannot be obtained via the MARKETINFO command.

Regarding spread, you can set this value to whatever wish in order to adequately test your EA. The TickstoryInfoExpert automatically assumes a value (in this case 2 pips) if it does not get a reasonable value from the broker (this can happen for various reasons). Similiarly, since the broker is returning zero for initial margin, the Tickstory EA is assuming a value of 100000. In all cases, you have the ability to replace the settings with whatever you choose.

The good news is that once you finished manually enter these details, you can simply “Save as default” so you will not need to do this process again – all these settings will be used whenever you next export.

Hope this helps.

moralproxy
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Moralproxy,

Thanks for the details – good to hear that you have solve most of your issue.

Regarding the settings you have highlighted as incorrect, these are settings that need to be manually entered since MT4 unfortunately doesn’t allow you to acquire this information via MQL. You will note leverage, for example, cannot be obtained via the MARKETINFO command.

Regarding spread, you can set this value to whatever wish in order to adequately test your EA. The TickstoryInfoExpert automatically assumes a value (in this case 2 pips) if it does not get a reasonable value from the broker (this can happen for various reasons). Similiarly, since the broker is returning zero for initial margin, the Tickstory EA is assuming a value of 100000. In all cases, you have the ability to replace the settings with whatever you choose.

The good news is that once you finished manually enter these details, you can simply “Save as default” so you will not need to do this process again – all these settings will be used whenever you next export.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for recall πŸ™‚
    So it turns out that to start correct backtesting we set Margin init manually to 0 instead of 100000, and leave Margin maint to 0 too???
    I remind you that the lot size for my instrument is 10000….
    Or maybie margin init = 69.64, brokers calculator shows that for lot value =1 – margin = 69.64

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

Zero are the values that are being returned by your broker, but you may want to review this later to match the actual requirements of your broker.

Regards.

moralproxy
    Participant

Continue searching for correct parameter of Margin init, i make an experiment, make different exports win different values of Margin init, values are 0-10-100-1000-10000-100000. And i get three different results of optimization.
    I tested Autoprofit 3.2 with this options:

I optimized Step and Dynamic on period from 1 to 30 april and get this results:

When Mgn init is 0 and 10000 i get one equal result. Most profitable when Step=1 and Dynamic=1

When Mgn init is 10 , 100, 1000 i get another, but equal for all three values result. Most profitable when Step=1 and Dynamic=3

And when Margin init si 100000 i get another one result. Most profitable when Step=1 and Dynamic= 4

Which Margin init is right?????

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

I would assume that the results are different as some of the trades the EA is taking are not allowable due to the margin constraints. Very rudimentary speaking, you could just set these values to zero to begin with and ensure your EA parameters are set within the bound of your account size. For more accurate back-testing you will need to use the values appropriate for your broker.

Hope this helps.

moralproxy
    Participant

I set margin init to zero and what i get:

Buy 0.1, drop price on 0,0007 pips, and we have -2.30 Loss.
    So one pips is 2.307 = 0,3285714285714286
    Look this is situation on real accout

One pips = 0.1 + 3pips fee = 0.4
    According to real index 0.0001 pips of drop =0.4, in test 0.0001 pips of drop = 0,3285714285714286
    What happening, results of testing are far-far from real πŸ™
    My account properties in this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=452&start=10#p2019
    I dont understant what happening 😳

moralproxy
    Participant

Oh, i handled this story. Broker support gave me wrong info about comm lots

Support told me that commision takes from deal, but it turned out that comission depend from lot, i set zero instead of 1 and get right parameter of testing πŸ˜› LETS TEST!!!!!, 😎

moralproxy
    Participant

So how works Margin init? if i set, for example, margin init = 100, then if free margin equal to or more than a 100 the deals are opening, if free margin is equal to or less than 99 – the deals is not opening???
    And this Free Margin is displayed here?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

From the MT4 manual:

MODE_MARGININIT => Initial margin requirements for 1 lot
    MODE_MARGINREQUIRED => Free margin required to open 1 lot for buying

These values are taken directly from the MarketInfo command.

The free-margin you highlighted in the screenshot is for the live/demo account – not for the back-tester.

Regards.

moralproxy
    Participant

OK Leaving zero πŸ™‚
    But why TickStoryINfoExpert replaces zero with 100000???

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Moralproxy,

In some cases the server is returning zero values whenever the broker connection is unavailable. In these cases, the Tickstory EA attempts to assume some values. In the case of Initial Margin, however, you are right that it should really be zero. We will update the EA accordingly.

Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.