Home Forums Tickstory Lite Issue/Bug tracking 0.9.1.0 cant run mt4 build 509?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was having the same problem, receiving the same message “A suitable launcher …”, my MT4 Build was 509. Thanks for this thread I could solve the problem as instructed: clicking the Like button at the top right corner and clicking the “Keep me log in…”, the star color changed to gold and then exit and restarted Tickstory. I kept my Google Chrome browser (no need to make IE your default browser) and it worked beatifully. Thanks again!

polnoxi
    Participant

Sorry,I no have facebook , whot i DO ?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi:

Polnoxi: You will need to set up a new Facebook account which should only take a few minutes.

Jmeel: Please give us further details about what you are doing and what version of MT4 you are using. Make sure you are clicking the ‘Like’ button in the Tickstory application, not on our webpage.

Armnic1: Thank you for letting us know how you solved your problem!

Regards.

polnoxi
    Participant

the ‘only solution is to make a facebook account click on’ like ‘and then it all works. If you do not have a facebook account does not work

HarriFX
    Participant

Whats this ‘Like’ button business?

I am running MT4 version 509 and I have the same issue. I like TickStory BUT, I do NOT like Facebook, mainly because of privacy issues, how on earth is clicking a Facebook Like button related to being able to launch a trading application or not?????? Surely the developers do not need ego-stroking to know how popular their application is?

Unimpressed Harri

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Harri,

There is nothing we like more than users showing their appreciation for the thousands of hours that have gone into developing and supporting this application. We believe that those users who have taken a moment to show their thanks deserve the little extra attention that all friends get. Note also that the launcher works fine on Build 432 (available for download on this site) if you do not wish to become a friend of Tickstory.

Kind regards.

P.S. If you wish to set up a Facebook account, you do have the option of not disclosing any of your personal details.

HarriFX
    Participant

Hello tickstory

As I said in my original post, I do like Tickstory – very much in fact. My issue is the linking of running the application with a social media site. Ie, if a user does not ‘like’ via a Facebook account then he/she is unable to launch MT4 terminal v.509. I do not understand the business logic behind this requirement? What I have done is setup a separate Facebook account (and new email account to validate it) so that I can launch MT4. Surely you could setup an appreciation button on your website and not have it linked to Facebook?

Tried launching MT4 this morning (UK time) and I have to login to Facebook and ‘like’ again so I can gain my gold star and be allowed to run MT4. So it looks like I have to click the ‘like’ every time I boot up Tickstory?! (Naturally my cache and cookies are cleared when I come out of my browser)

I shall try your suggestion of downgrading MT4 – I hope the gigabytes of data Ive already downloaded is ok (ie, the .hst and .fxt file formats)

Thank you.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Harri,

Thanks for your feedback (and your appreciation!). Facebook is a great way for us to communicate with our users and also help spread the word about Tickstory – if it were that easy to replace, we’d be listing on the NASDAQ by now 😉 All we are offering our supporters are a few (non-critical) features ahead of time. We will gradually make these features available to all, while bearing in mind that those who have not clicked on ‘Like’ are not restricted from getting full use of the software.

When you are pressing the ‘Like’ button, please ensure you click on the ‘Keep me logged in’ button and you should not have to re-login on the next launch.

Using MT4 Build 432 will not affect the data you have downloaded.

Kind regards.

HarriFX
    Participant

I looked, but I could not see the link to version 432?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Harri – here you go: http://www.tickstory.com/files/MetaTrader432.7z

Regards.

HarriFX
    Participant

DUMB! DUMB! DUMB!

Tried installing Tickstory on a USBstick – went fine, but it screwed up my laptop install. Now I’ve lost Goldstar status and cannot get it back. BTW, I am not using version 432 of MT4 but the latest.

So, once again – UNLINK FACEBOOK LIKING TO TICKSTORY FUNCTIONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS A VERY BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarriFX
    Participant

Alternatively, could you confirm what programming language Tickstory is written in? Is it C/C++? I have Visual Studio installed…. do you mind if I hack/decompile Tickstory to get this to work?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Harri – the latest version v1.0 makes the launcher available to all users.
    As per the software license agreement, you are not permitted to decompile the software.

Thanks.

kate1048
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve pressed the “Like” button and checked the “keep logged in” box (using IE), and the star is gold, but I still can’t launch the MT4 for backtesting. I tried restarting Tickstory a few times, but it still doesn’t work. What else should I try? Thanks!

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Kate,

Please download the latest version of Tickstory (v1.0) – the Build 509 launcher is now available to all users now.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.