Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion v1.4 Released!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Nueo,

We have tested the launcher on Build 625 and it works. Are you getting some sort of an error during the launch?

Thanks.

gooly
    Participant

Hi,
    With Tickstory 1.4 I do start MT4 b628 (now) and I do backtest and I do get 99% 🙂 Great Work Guys, Thanks!
    But as I remember previously if launched by Tickstory the MT4 shows ‘Tickstory’ (s.th. like that) as its window-headline.
    Now I see: “AcctNo: MetaTrader 4 – Demo Account [EURCHF,M1]”
    Is there a chance to get back the info that MT4 was launched by Tickstory?
    Gooly

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Gooly,

Thanks for your feedback. The title bar can unfortunately get overridden by MT4 if it decides to change it. You can assume that the launch process has successfully worked if you do not get an error from Tickstory.

Hope this helps.

nueo
    Participant

Dear Tickstory Team,

I resolved my issue as I haven’t set the properties correct. I have updated the installation path for MT4 in the properties section and now everything is runnig well. Shame on me 😳

Maybe, it would be good to put in place some checks in the MT4 launch routine, e.g. whether all properties are changed or still set to default. Elsewise another option would be to have a wizard at the first launch of Tickstory to set the properties to the right folder.

However, thank you very much for your work and efforts! You are doing a great job!

Kind regards,
    Christian

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Nueo,

Many thanks for getting back to us – great to hear to resolved the issue!
    Hopefully the up-coming version of Tickstory will address the item you mention – you will need to explicitly set up an MT4 folder and therefore provide all the folder locations on the initial set up.

Kind regards.

Soltek
    Participant

Good afternoon in 1.4 non-working script-TickstoryInfoExpert or does not fit the 625 MT4, please fix!

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Soltek,

Could you kindly provide further information about the error you are getting. We have tested the TickstoryInfoExpert.ex4 on Build 625 and it has been working.

Thanks.

HarriFX
    Participant

What the story on MT4 build 600+, tickstory? Where is the link to all things related to this build? For some starter questions see below:

The new MQL4 is a major change; for developers who need to do backtests, availability & integrity of data is important. My current situation is this: I have 3 or 4 metatrader installs, for different purposes. One of the installs is a test environment that

i) has never connected to the Internet,
    ii) never had LiveUpdate run on it
    iii) has a 509 build
    iv) has no account associated with it (so the prompt to login/create an account comes up every time)
    v) is where the Dukascopy fxt data lives

It has never connected because the second it does the hst files get updated and it all goes Pete Tong (wrong)

1) If my metatrader terminal is upgraded from 509 to 600+, will tickstory still launch it? If yes, what version of tickstory?
    2) Will the (Dukascopy) data I downloaded last year via tickstory remain pure and untouched if I upgrade from the old version of tickstory?
    3) Whats the best way of upgrading so status quo is maintained and Harri stays a happy bunny?

Looking forward to your resonses….

Soltek
    Participant

Good afternoon to test I set MT4-432, but I wanted to see the data on a real account that would know what katirovki downloaded.

Soltek
    Participant
    imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Soltek,

A greyed out icon means the Expert Advisor does not have the accompanying source code. You should still be able to run it. If not, you will need to give some details of the error you are getting.

Thanks.

Soltek
    Participant

Hi! yes really works, I just can not wait for the end of work, and I was embarrassed that he was gray.

greensaturn
    Participant

Hi Have problem with MT4 launch.

I have downloaded the MT4 here : http://www.tickstory.com/files/MetaTrader432.7z

I have open the terminal once and unable to register to the default broker.
    I closed the terminal and tried to configure the Tickstory lite which was throwing an error

[attachment=0:3us9kcdx]7-2-2014 11-33-42 AM.png[/attachment:3us9kcdx]

And secondly when I tried to copy paste the config folder from the recent MT4 to this 432 bulid I get below error.
    [attachment=1:3us9kcdx]7-2-2014 11-56-24 AM.png[/attachment:3us9kcdx]

Can you please help?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Greensaturn,

We have tried to reproduce your issue but have not managed to. Here are the steps we took:

– Make sure you are using the latest v1.5 of Tickstory.
    – Extract the MT4 installation to a new directory (if you are using Windows 7+ then do not place it in C:Program Files – put it in a folder such as C:Software to avoid Windows permissioning issues).
    – Run the MT4 terminal once.
    – Select the MT4 installation directory in the Tickstory setup.
    – Launch MT4 via Tickstory.

Hope this solves the issue for you.

greensaturn
    Participant

Hi tickstory,

I have tried as you recommonded.

Copied the MT4 to the C:Software Folder.
    Configured the Tickstory Settings prompting below popup.

[attachment=1:au6fsv71]7-16-2014 3-45-00 PM.png[/attachment:au6fsv71]

Then I have opened the MT4 Terminal and registered which was not able to finish.

[attachment=0:au6fsv71]7-16-2014 3-45-42 PM.png[/attachment:au6fsv71]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.