Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion v1.4 Released!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

v1.4 is now available and includes some very important changes & fixes:

Improvements
    •[TICKLITE-146] MT4 Export: Default account & margin currencies set to USD.

Fixes
    •[TICKLITE-143] MT4 Tick Expert EA did not export value for Margin Currency.
    •[TICKLITE-144] MT4 Export: Commission type was not being exported correctly.
    •[TICKLITE-145] MT4 Export: Open prices of H4/Daily bars not correct in some cases.
    •[TICKLITE-147] MT4 Export: Base currencies were not being set correctly according to exported symbol.

This version can be downloaded here:

http://www.tickstory.com/files/tickstorylite_setup.1.4.zip

Thanks.

radu
    Participant

Thank you, guys!

Hungarian translation of the post.

One question: why “Filter duplicate ticks” is not set by default?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Radu,

The Filter Duplicate tick” option is off by default as it could affect some scalping strategies. As such, we decided it’s best for this option to be intentionally selected by the user if they know their EA does not need this extra data.

Hope this helps.

radu
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

The Filter Duplicate tick” option is off by default as it could affect some scalping strategies. As such, we decided it’s best for this option to be intentionally selected by the user if they know their EA does not need this extra data.

Thanks for the info. However, for example in the case of EURUSD the file size of the exported FXT is so much bigger, and maybe it’s not fortunate to use “off” as default, because the testable period will be limited because of the FXT file size. The limit is about 4 gigabytes, am I right?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Radu,

That is correct. We’ve got an enhancement on our todo list to save the last export settings so hopefully this will solve the issue for you.

Regards.

radu
    Participant

Thank you 😉

Tony
    Participant

Thank you very much for your update.

I got an error as in picture below.
    what happen with fxt file?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Tony,

You appear to have asked this question before. Did the post here: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354 solve the issue?

This error is usually due to not having exported data to the correct MT4 symbol name.
    It can also occur if you have not selected the correct “Data directory” in your MT4 setup. TO check this, go to Metatrader and select File->Open Data folder. The folder location that comes up should be the same folder you configure as the ‘Data folder’ within Tickstory.

Hope this helps.

Tony
    Participant

As in the picture, It’s found tick data file but invalid file.

This tick data file is ok when I test with version 1.2 and MT4 version 509.

But it’s fail when test with version 1.4.

DudaoRJ
    Participant

HI There, I’m using MT4 build 625 and it was working fine until Tickstory v1.3. In v1.4 I’m getting the message that my MT4 is not supported. My backtests aren’t 99.90% in modeling quality, they’re now “n/a” (however they do run a lot faster). Did Tickstory v1.4 lost compatibility with build 625?

Thank you.

DudaoRJ
    Participant

I’ve found the root cause for my problem now: it seems all my MT4 installations are updating by themselves to build 625 after I open them, probably that’s what happened on my previous MT4. Indeed, release date for build 625 was last week. MT4 never updated by itself before, what the heck is going on? Is there a turning back? Did I loose all my downloaded data? Thank you.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi DudaoRJ,

Yes, unfortunately the new MT4 Builds are auto-updating themselves without any confirmation from the user. I believe there are methods (read: hacks) that allow you to suppress the automated update behaviour. If you wish to go down this path, Google is your best bet!

Kind regards.

donlabin
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi DudaoRJ,

Yes, unfortunately the new MT4 Builds are auto-updating themselves without any confirmation from the user. I believe there are methods (read: hacks) that allow you to suppress the automated update behaviour. If you wish to go down this path, Google is your best bet!

Kind regards.

Hi tickstory team,

Would you solve this issue in the latter version ? Thank you.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Donlabin,

You can add this suggestion in the “New Features and suggestion” section if you like, however note that there are workarounds already available such as Birt’s Tick Data Suite (http://cd710nh5qn5ax84ol4ncpnfp99.hop.clickbank.net/ Disclosure: Affiliate link). I believe you can also simply rename the MT4 directory where MT4 downloads updates as this also suppresses the auto-update behaviour. If someone has detailed a proven procedure, it would be appreciated if they could share.

Regards.

nueo
    Participant

Dear Tickstory Team,

Coming back to the issue with launching MT4 v625 using Tickstory Lite v1.4. I have the same problem and cannot launch MT4 v625 via Tickstory Lite v1.4. Could you replicate this problem on your side as well or is something wrong on my side.

Cheers, Christian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.