Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi would it be possible for somone to explain in simpletons terms how to get tickstory working again the new version of mt4 is a lot more complicated than before as in where are the set files going where is the history going etc.
    on my laptop win 7 the new tickstory does not accept the mt4 in either just plain c file or in c:program files as it says not a valid installation directory
    but using my vps 2003 win it is accepting the mt4 file but after the download of history it is not there nor is the set files that have been put in, this is also an upto date v.of mt4.
    Before I was using it fine on an old version of mt4 but could not get the correct metatrader info from my broker as was not live(I guess)
    Sorry this is long but am looking forward to using this again.
    cheers

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Jethro69,

The title bar can change, however once MT4 has been successfully launched by Tickstory this should not make a difference. If you are getting 99.9% back-test results then everything is fine.

Joy – it should not matter that your installation is in Chinese. You should ensure that you have .NET v3.5 SP1 installed correctly (note that .NET v4.0 is not the same). You can refer to this post if you are having issues with .NET installations: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=360

Regards.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Kiwifrog,

Could you please elaborate on the problem? Is it just that Tickstory will not allow you to select the MT4 installation?

Please check out this thread to see how Tickstory determines if a installation is valid:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=237

With the latest MT4 changes, Tickstory will search in the directory:

history for the symbols.sel file.

Let us know if you are still having issues – if you could please post a new thread with the details this would help.

Thanks.

tcferreira
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Ozzy – Windows 7+ does not allow applications to store data in the Program Files folder. As such, you will need to change the location where this information is stored. In Tickstory, go to the File->Settings and set the Dukascopy store location to be something like “C:UsersUsernameTickData”.

Dudest – many thanks for your contribution and support! We will return the favour when the ‘primo’ version of Tickstory is available 😉

Kind regards.

Thanks tickstory. Also had this problem on Windows 8.1 Pro has now been solved.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.