Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion v1.3 Release Candidate to support MT4 Build 545, 574+

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

A beta version of Tickstory v1.3 is now available. The major change is to support Metatrader Build 545, 574 and above due to changes in their historical data file format.

When exporting to Metatrader, Tickstory will now allow users to select the “File format” of the MT4 version they wish to export to. The correct file format is automatically detected by Tickstory based on the MT4 version contained in the selected installation folder, so there should be no need to manually set this option.

The installation can be found here:

(Link removed – official v1.3 version is now available).

Full change details are as follows:

New features
    •[TICKLITE-139] MT4Export: Added support for Build 545+ which uses new file formats.
    •[TICKLITE-139] MT4 Launcher: Now supports Build 545+ (without patching).

Fixes
    •[TICKLITE-138] MT4Export: Fixed issue with CommissionType being saved incorrectly in MT4 Info.

An official release of v1.3 will be made available once any issues are resolved.

Regards.

radu
    Participant

Thank you for the new release!

Hungarian version of the news available here!

Ps.: I sent you an e-mail about a minor translation problem:)

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Radu – thanks for your feedback! The Hungarian translation has been corrected and will be available in the official v1.3 release.

Kind regards.

radu
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Radu – thanks for your feedback! The Hungarian translation has been corrected and will be available in the official v1.3 release.

Thanks! 😉

Dobermann
    Participant

Unfortunately not works with MT4 build 600 😥

Dobermann
    Participant

Also when selecting folder for such new install its unable to detect installation at all…. Seems the issue caused new folder layout (MT4 store history and other user data in AppData now).

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Dobermann,

You will need to use the /portable flag to ensure all data is stored in the MT4 directory. You will also need to make sure your MT4 installation is not under “Program Files” folder since Windows will prevent data from being written here.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards.

aravindhfx
    Participant

HI,
    First i would like to thank u for the service u provide.

And for the latest version of MT4 i am not able to install it the modeling quality is na.

Can u please explain the steps to install and let know if we have to download the data again from dukascopy

Aravindh

Dobermann
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Dobermann,

You will need to use the /portable flag to ensure all data is stored in the MT4 directory. You will also need to make sure your MT4 installation is not under “Program Files” folder since Windows will prevent data from being written here.

Regards.

Tried this, it solved the problem with MT4 detection of course, but when I launch it from Tickstory it started in non-portable mode (checked by using “Open data folder” from File menu). So if tickstory exports data to MT4 folder – it will not work, because active folder is the one from AppData. Right ? Solution can be to add an option somewhere to specify additional command line arguments for launching MT4.

TickTester
    Participant

So, how do we launch MT4 build 600 from Tickstory in portable mode? I don’t see a way to add the “/portable” in Tickstory. Bloody Metaquotes updated my MT4 testing platform to build 600 without my consent. Now, the tester/history folder is under roaming folder on my C: drive, but my C: drive being a solidstate drive does not have room for the humongous tick history files which is why I have them on a 4TB hard drive. But, the new build 600 doesn’t see them there, of course. Can someone suggest a way to sort this out?

4EverMaAT
    Participant

@dobermann wrote:

Unfortunately not works with MT4 build 600 😥

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Dobermann,

Regards.

Doberman is correct. It doesn”t detect with mt4 build 600. You need to update the beta to assume that the user installs a fresh copy of mt4 on their computer (no upgrade)

I am 100% sure of this. I installed a fresh copy of Excel Markets outside of the Program files folder. TickLite 1.3 could not detect the installation folder.

What I did as a workaround is manually navigated to the “[C:[Windows User]AppDataRoamingMetaQuotesTerminalFE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This takes some extra time. And to check to make sure you have the correct folder, MQ at least created a “origins.txt” you can use to see which broker and installationfolder the “FE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ” belongs to.

It appeared to detect the folder ok after that. But then the test came to launch the mt4. I got this error: Mt4 launch issue. See screenshot.
    [attachment=0:7sco6mpd]tickstory mt4 build 600 launch error.png[/attachment:7sco6mpd]

Has anyone else been able to get it to work? I have TDS, but Tickstory should be able to operate independently of TDS.

radu
    Participant

@4evermaat wrote:

I am 100% sure of this. I installed a fresh copy of Excel Markets outside of the Program files folder. TickLite 1.3 could not detect the installation folder.

What I did as a workaround is manually navigated to the “[C:[Windows User]AppDataRoamingMetaQuotesTerminalFE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This takes some extra time. And to check to make sure you have the correct folder, MQ at least created a “origins.txt” you can use to see which broker and installationfolder the “FE4723A6C29xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ” belongs to.

It appeared to detect the folder ok after that. But then the test came to launch the mt4. I got this error: Mt4 launch issue. See screenshot.

+1 for this, 4EverMaAt is right.

The problem appears when the MT4 installed outside Program Files folder, and UAC is turned on. If UAC is turned off, the location of the installation path is not relevant.

@tickstory wrote:

This is no longer is the case in my opinion. The whole AppDataRoaming stuff seems to be working, and we do not need the ability to write into the installation directory (no matter if it’s in Program Files, or elsewhere)

Dobermann
    Participant

I think ideal solution to support both MT4 <574 and 574+ is to make additional field in Settings to specify MT4 data folder path, the current field should be used only to find executables for launch. Now fields in settings will be

1) MT4 Installation
    2) MT4 Data folder (the same as 1 by default).
    3) Server name.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

@aravindhfx wrote:

HI,
    First i would like to thank u for the service u provide.

And for the latest version of MT4 i am not able to install it the modeling quality is na.

Can u please explain the steps to install and let know if we have to download the data again from dukascopy

Aravindh

Hi Aravindh,

Correct – for the moment, modelling quality is not displayed correctly. This is a quirk with using the new MT4 build and we may address it in the future. It should not affect your back-test results.

Re: Dukascopy data, you should not need to re-load this information – simply ensure your Dukascopy ‘Store location’ is the same folder as before and Tickstory will use the existing data.

Regards.

TickTester
    Participant

@ticktester wrote:

So, how do we launch MT4 build 600 from Tickstory in portable mode? I don’t see a way to add the “/portable” in Tickstory. Bloody Metaquotes updated my MT4 testing platform to build 600 without my consent. Now, the tester/history folder is under roaming folder on my C: drive, but my C: drive being a solidstate drive does not have room for the humongous tick history files which is why I have them on a 4TB hard drive. But, the new build 600 doesn’t see them there, of course. Can someone suggest a way to sort this out?

Anyone have an answer for the above question?

I have Tickstory v1.3 and MT4 build 603. We are supposed to launch MT4 from within Tickstory, which is fine, but it doesn’t see my history data that way and there is not enough room on my C: drive to move it all there. So, I’m assuming /portable mode may get around this issue and allow me to keep all the history data in the previous location? The previous location was not under “program files”. The problem is, I don’t see any way to launch MT4 from within Tickstory in /portable mode.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.