Home Forums Tickstory Lite Issue/Bug tracking TickInfoExpert

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Konkaran,

I would be checking to see if you do in-fact have permissions to write to the file. Perhaps try running the application as administrator to see if that solves the issue.

Hope this helps.

emmarita
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have a new demo account that I am setting up for backtesting. I attached the TickstoryInfoExpert to one of the active charts and ran it, but the journal reports the following warnings for all of the symbols… “Warning: Digits for symbol XXXXXX was zero. Maybe your broker does not support this symbol. (Or you need to specify a symbol suffix?) Assuming XX digits. “
    There are similar warnings concerning “point”and “spread”. I did specify a symbol suffix and a ConfigFileName…
    And I am getting data feed from the broker…
    Any ideas why it might not be working properly?
    Thanks!!

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Emmarita,

First thing to check is which symbols you are getting a warning for. There are many symbols that Dukascopy supports which aren’t always available at other brokers – you will get the warning message for these symbols and you should not be concerned.

Obviously all major pairs should show up correctly (assuming your broker supports them all!). You can check to make sure all the major pairs have correct spread values (etc) by loading the config file into Tickstory and then viewing the details. If you do not have correct values (eg. spread=0), there is some sort of mismatch between the symbol that Tickstory is querying and the actual symbol name used by your broker and you will need to make sure this is resolved by adjusting the ‘Suffix’ parameter accordingly.

Hope this helps.

emmarita
    Participant

Thanks for that,
    It worked when I left the suffix blank…
    Cheers!

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Great to hear it works!

Regards.

fx346
    Participant

where can i download the expert please?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Fx346,

Select ‘Export to MT4’ and on the ‘Help’ tab of the dialog you can ‘Deploy MQ4’ to your Experts directory and the EA will appear. Alternatively, the EA resides in the main Tickstory installation folder where you can manually copy it to the location you desire. (NOTE: If you are currently using v1.3RC2, you will need to use the manual method as there is an issue with the deploy function which will be fixed in the next version).

Hope this helps.

mmsk
    Participant

Hi – am having troubles to get the expert up and running. See screenshot. MT4 is installed on C and not under program files, so it should not have any problems with writing into folder.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Mmsk,

It appears that the name of the file that Tickstory has chosen (which is based on your broker name) is too long and/or invalid. You can manually override the filename by going to the Tickstory EA parameters and set the “Config filename” parameter to “CapitalMarkets.mt4config” or the like.

Hope this helps.

mmsk
    Participant

Unfortunately, that didnt help. I didnt get any error this time but it didnt generate any file either.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Mmsk,

It doesn’t appear that the EA has run correctly. If you are attaching it to a live chart, you will need to wait for a single tick to occur before it runs. Otherwise just use the Tester function to run the EA. You should see lots of logging information appear and if you don’t, it means the EA has not executed.

Regards.

temaxoma
    Participant

tickstory — проблему записал на видео файл https://yadi.sk/d/Bk8vNqwYTkWsg

tickstory — problem videotaped file https://yadi.sk/d/Bk8vNqwYTkWsg

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Temaxoma,

Unfortunately we were unable to determine your issue from the link provided (the AVI does not play for us). Is it possible to explain your issue with the help of Google translate?

Thanks.

temaxoma
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Temaxoma,

Unfortunately we were unable to determine your issue from the link provided (the AVI does not play for us). Is it possible to explain your issue with the help of Google translate?

Thanks.

InstaForex-USA2.com – InstaForex Companies Group

EGlobal-Cent2 – E-Global Trade and Finance Group, Inc

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Temaxemo,

Thanks for the further screenshots. From what it appears, the filename being used is invalid due to its length and/or the use of special characters (such as ‘&’). You can override the filename that the EA is choosing by going to the Parameters and explictly specifying the ‘ConfigFilename’ to be something like “myserver”. If you continue to have issues, make sure you have the correct permissions to the target directory.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.