Home Forums Tickstory Lite Issue/Bug tracking TickInfoExpert

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After running TickInfoExpert and getting confirmation of completion in the Experts tab (TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,H1: Finished writing config file: Mt4.Pepperstone Financial Pty Ltd.Server.mt4config), I am unable to locate the config file as it is not in the Metatrader “experts/file” directory. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

admin
    Participant

Hi ramacan,

Did you run the EA on a live chart? If so, then it should be in the experts/files directory (if you ran it in the Strategy tester, the file will reside in the tester/files directory). The system does check if the file fails to write and will give you an error message if this is the case. Since you dont have the error, I would expect it to be there. Could you please re-check you have the correct Metatrader installation folder. If that doesn’t help, try doing a file search for *.mtconfig and see if that finds anything.

What Windows version are you using?

Regards.

ramacan
    Participant

I actually did a search and could not find it, I am using windows 7. Ran it on a vps (windows xp) and it works, don’t know what happened….thanks.

admin
    Participant

Hi ramacan,

Good to hear you worked around the issue.

More than likely what you’re experiencing is due to Windows 7 folder virtualisation. Have a read of this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387 which explains how files that are written into the Program Files folder are redirected to a user-specific location. You can turn this feature off if you like or see if you can find the file in your user directory.

Hope this helps!

kiwimango
    Participant

I have Alpari mt4 build 482. win7

I installed the tickinfoexpert into the expert folder, but on the chart: in the right corner a big X. The connetion with the broker is working, but the expert not work. (live trading enable, dll enable , EA enable, infoexpert input: empty,empty, false-true) need help. thanks.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi kiwimango,

Please check the following:

– Ensure the chart you have dragged the expert onto has incoming price quotes. MT4 will only start the expert when the first quote comes in.
    – The expert does not put any visual information on the chart – all it does is produce a config file. Check the “Journal” tab for information about what it is doing and whether it has completed.

Hope this helps.

emmarita
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am also having trouble getting the TickstoryInfo Expert to work! The EA smiley face is smiling but I get an Error message that says “could not open file MT4.Alpari (UK) Ltd..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted.” I tried turning changing the Windows 7 User account control setting so it doesn’t ask for permissions to change anything and I am logged in as an administrator.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you!

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Emmarita,

Could you please try to specify the output filename in the EA settings? It is likely that the brackets that are in the filename are causing a problem.

Hope this helps.

varso
    Participant

@emmarita wrote:

Hi there,
    I am also having trouble getting the TickstoryInfo Expert to work! The EA smiley face is smiling but I get an Error message that says “could not open file MT4.Alpari (UK) Ltd..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted.” I tried turning changing the Windows 7 User account control setting so it doesn’t ask for permissions to change anything and I am logged in as an administrator.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you!

I have totaly sam problem with Exness
    here is log
    2013.07.11 17:08:48 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSDm,M1: Error – could not open file Mt4.Exness Ltd..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted.
    2013.07.11 17:08:48 TickstoryInfoExpert: invalid filename for FileOpen function
    2013.07.11 17:08:44 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSDm,M1 inputs: ConfigFileName=””; SymbolSuffix=”m”; AllowWhenNotConnected=true;

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Varso,

Can you please confirm whether you have tried to specify your own config file name in the EA parameters?

Thanks.

SWhite
    Participant

Hi, After a successful run of the ea it tells me that the file has been written although I have no luck with finding the written *.mtconfig file on my pc.
    I have tried many brokers/versions of mt4 including the recomended builds suggested here. I am running win8 pro 64bit (x86).

I am having great results with all other aspects of the software and I thank you very much for your efforts with the site.

Shannon.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Shannon,

Have you checked the ‘Journal’ tab to make sure there are errors being raised and that the script is actually running? It should also tell you the output filename.

Thanks.

SWhite
    Participant

Yes it runs through everything in the journal ok (Script StimulateTickAll EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully)
    Also the experts tab (TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,M1: Finished writing config file: Mt4.IBFX Australia Pty Ltd.Server.mt4config)

As stated above I have tried several brokers to no avail.
    Maybe a win8 issue…

Maybe a link to a broker or build you know works on win8 will save us time.

Thanks again,

SW

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi SWhite,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We’re hoping you resolved the issue in the end? There is no specific build we can offer you that shouldn’t already work for you. If the file does not exist, we can’t immediately think of any reason except for file virtualization that must be causing this.

Regards.

konkaran
    Participant

Hello tickstory.
    Is there finally a way to solve this issue:
    “15:38:56 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,H1: initialized
    15:38:57 TickstoryInfoExpert: invalid filename for FileOpen function
    15:38:57 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,H1: Error – could not open file Mt4.Triple A Investment Services S.A..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted.”
    I tried to specify the name of file at inputs of EA, i used different ways (without dots), but no result.
    I have MT4 build 509 and run a demo account there.
    Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.