Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion MT4 Launcher issue on Windows 7

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

We have now tried fresh installs of Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) along with Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) but still unable to reproduce the error. We are following up with a PM to you to see if you are able to provide further information that can assist diagnose the problem.

Thanks.

master_dude
    Participant

hi i am a new member so couldn’t reply to your pm. however, i had not typed in the license yet and this solved the issue. this is my first time using your software so somehow i managed to miss that i had to do this. regarding the troubleshooting list you sent me would you still want me to carry this out?

toughcookie47
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve run the dump utility as requested, and mailed you the output file.
    Let me know if you find anything that can help solve the problem.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Master_dude, great to hear this resolved your issue. There is no need to carry out the diagnostic test as you are not having any issues.

Toughcookie – thanks for giving us the further details. We need to perform analysis on the information you sent and will update you shortly.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Toughcookie,

We have analysed the data you have sent us and it unfortunately reveals no reason why the launcher should not be working. Could you please try and commencing a back-test to see if you are getting 99% quality after launching, regardless of whether you are getting an error? Perhaps there’s a false error being reported. Outside of this, appreciate if you can do a quick scan of anything else that could be preventing the launcher from working such as permissions (maybe try running as administrator?), virus checking (try suspending it for 10 mins?) and possibly low memory. In each of this cases however, we would expect an error to be generated but it’s worth trying to rule this out. The other thing we can try is getting a copy of your terminal.exe and seeing if this helps to reproduce the problem on our end.

Thanks for your assistance.

em2L
    Participant

same problem here using ActivTrades Demo Account. Fresh MT4 installation (840)on Windows7 64 Bit.
    First try with Tickstory.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Em2l,

Please confirm you have applied your license in Help->About and your launcher error message mentions that it tried “Build 765+”?

Thanks.

primito
    Participant

@toughcookie47 wrote:

hi,
    I ‘m using 64 bit.

By the way, did the original poster (Primito) manage to solve the problem, as he was getting the same error?
    Thanks for the offer of a refund but I’d rather get this going if possible.

Hello Toughcookie,

i’m also still trying, and still the same error….

I’m running this also on a 64 bit version.

Hope there will be a way soon… to fix this issue.

Thanks for trying this too.

Cheers,
    Primito

em2L
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Em2l,

Please confirm you have applied your license in Help->About and your launcher error message mentions that it tried “Build 765+”?

Thanks.

Yes, both is true.

Regards,
    Martin

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Primito,

We so far have been unable to reproduce the problem on any Windows 7 platform, so if you can try note/suspend any additional software that could be causing the issue (as mentioned above in a post to Toughcookie), that would help.
    Separately, we’ll PM you to try something for us when you have a moment.

Thanks.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Primto & Em2l,

We’ve managed to solve the issue for Toughcookie offline. Can you please check that your MT4 Settings has a valid installation folder selected. That is, the folder where terminal.exe is installed. It usually is in C:Program Files (x86). For example, c:Program Files (x86)Metatrader. The data directory will be automatically detected upon a valid installation folder being selected.

Thanks.

pedrosimao
    Participant

Hello,

I am experience the exact same problem wit my Tickstory.
    It won´t launch the Metatrader terminal.
    It shows this error messages referencing Tick Data Suite.

Please, let us know if you find a solution.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hello Pedrosimao,

Please let us know the following:

1) Are you using Tickstory v1.6 and have you applied your license in Help->About?
    2) Are you using MT4 Build 840?
    3) If you answered ‘yes’ to 1), please check your File->Settings and ensure you have the correct installation folder selected for Metatrader (which usually is in c:Program Files (x86)).

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.