Home Forums Tickstory Lite General Discussion MT4 Launcher issue on Windows 7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Support Team,

i bought the version 1.6 and let it run, works good so far.
    I have an issue when i try to start the mt4 through tickstory launcher, i received the message attached.
    My mt4 runs with the buld 840, do you have an idea why the mt4 will not starting correctly?

My second installation runs on a server, there all is fine. The mt4 has there als the same build, also 840.

On the server there is running a microsoft server edition 2012 running and on the computer where i cannot start the mt4, there is a windows7 installed.

Thanks for your support,
    Prime

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Primito,

Can you please try starting MT4 manually first and then subsequently launch via Tickstory to see if this resolves the issue?
    Sometimes the launcher may have issues if there is a delay in the MT4 application startup.

Thanks.

primito
    Participant

will not work… I’ve tried back and forth with installing the mt4 new with the whole procedure…

Now i just receive a bigger list of errors… 😉

Is there something i can do next?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Primito,

Do you have another PC that it is working correctly on? What MT4 Build are you currently on and where did you source it? We’ll try see if we can reproduce the error.
    In the mean-time, can you please confirm you manually started MT4 before pressing the ‘Launch’ button – it isn’t clear from your last post whether you tried this.

Thanks!

toughcookie47
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same issue with the MT4 launcher for build 840 (using Tickstory v1.6.1). I’ve tried manually starting the MT4 platform, but it still gives the same error.

I’m also using Windows 7.

Regards

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi – we’re in the process of attempting to reproduce the error on Windows 7. Would you have the broker name of the MT4 installation you are using?
    Also, have you used Tickstory successfully prior to Build 830?

Thanks.

toughcookie47
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem on demo accounts from two brokers: Roboforex and AAAFX.

I’ve used an earlier version of Tickstory on builds prior to 830, but not with these brokers.

Thanks.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Thanks for the info, Toughcookie.
    While we’re looking at this, could you kindly try the build from the original broker to see if this helps?
    We’ll get back to you once we have done some tests.
    Thanks.

toughcookie47
    Participant

Hi,

I tried on two other MT4 platforms that I have used for extensive testing on earlier builds (FXopen and ICM) but I get the same error on those platforms (all on build 840).

Regards

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Toughcookie,

We performed further testing under fresh Windows 7 Ultimate installation (double-checking that.NET v3.5.1 was installed) and could not reproduce the problem. The Tickstory launcher worked successfully and did not raise any error. We have used a FXCM installation (link below) to test this. If you could try this installation out to see if things help, that would be great. You will need to do the following steps:

1) Unzip zip file into your ‘Program Files’ folder.
    2) Scan the files with your anti-virus. The files have already been scanned with the latest Avast, but we recommend this as a precaution.
    3) Run terminal.exe and set up a new demo account.
    4) Configure Tickstory to point to this new MT4 folder in FIle->Settings.
    5) Launch the MT4 from Tickstory. Hopefully there is no error.

Download link:
    [hide:1hgori5h]http://depositfiles.com/files/mggu3vuju[/hide:1hgori5h]

If you continue to get an error, would you be able to identify any notable differences in your Windows installation that could be causing an issue such as whether you have .NET v3.5.1 installed, whether your system is running slow (which can potentially affect the launcher), etc?

Please let us know how you go!

Thanks.

toughcookie47
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, I still have the same error.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
    – Downloaded the FXCM MT4 demo. (By the way, that download link you gave can only be used if you subscribe to their “Gold download service” which I refused to do, so I downloaded direct from FXCM site.)
    – Security scan of the setup file OK.
    – Installed FXCM MT4 demo and set up a new demo account.
    – Checked that .NET v3.5.1 is installed and features are turned on. (I also did a re-install of .NET v3.5.1 just in case)
    – Configured Tickstory to point to the new FXCM demo account.
    – Launcher gave the same error message as before.

– Installed Tickstory on my second PC
    – Checked that .NET 3.5.1 is installed and all features turned on
    -Loaded license key in Tickstory
    – Configured Tickstory to point to each of three MT4 platforms on this PC
    – Launcher gave the same error in all cases.

For info, both PCs are running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with SP1. No performance issues on either machine. Anything else I can try, or do we give up here?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Toughcookie,

Appreciate the further tries you made. Regarding the link, it allows you to download the file in a “regular” mode which requires no registration – apologies, I wasn’t clear on this point. Not to worry, as it appears that you have tried the same broker we have successfully tested with, which rules out any differences there.
    The last thing I can think of is to try the ‘Professional’ edition of Windows 7 but I can’t imagine any differences there. Could you please confirm whether your Windows is 32 or 64 bit? The tests we have done are on 64 bit.
    As indicated to you in a PM, we are happy to issue a refund if we can’t get this going.

Regards.

toughcookie47
    Participant

hi,
    I ‘m using 64 bit.

By the way, did the original poster (Primito) manage to solve the problem, as he was getting the same error?
    Thanks for the offer of a refund but I’d rather get this going if possible.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Toughcookie,

I’m not sure if Primito got this solved in the end.
    On our side, we’ll try to do a few more tests under Windows Professional to see if we are able to reproduce the issue. The only thing I can think of you can try on your end in the mean-time is whether you have access to a virtual machine with Windows 8 to temporarily work around the issue? The other option of course is to temporarily revert back to an earlier version of MT4 just so your back-testing is not interrupted while we try to resolve this.
    After that, there is one more thing we can try to get more diagnostics from you. We’ll update you shortly on this.

Thanks.

master_dude
    Participant

reporting that I have a similar issue on windows 7 professional. purchased the tick story v. 1.6. as i thought this would solve it but it unfortunately did not… looking forward to a resolution of this issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.