Home Forums Tickstory Lite Issue/Bug tracking Backtests run only since 01.01.2013

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

No it doesn’t. It only writes HST and FXT files specific to the symbol being exported. If you believe that something is changing in-between exports, why not try exporting both symbols before commencing the back-tests?

render86
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

No it doesn’t. It only writes HST and FXT files specific to the symbol being exported. If you believe that something is changing in-between exports, why not try exporting both symbols before commencing the back-tests?

Tried that. Upon the completion of the download process for both pairs, I run a EURUSD backtest and it runs fine. Then I run a GBPUSD backtest and it runs fine. Then I go back to the EURUSD backtest and it runs only since 01.01.2013.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Sounds like the only way forward is to reduce your export range a bit more and see how things go!

render86
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Sounds like the only way forward is to reduce your export range a bit more and see how things go!

Things go great in that case. I am more curious about the roots of this problem. Why does a bigger file size (yet under the 4gb limit) cripple the backtesting?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

That’s a good question and is best answered by MT4 developers. You could ask the question on MT4 forums, however given that this method of tick-quality back-testing is not officially supported, I’m not sure whether you’ll get an official answer. There may be other users who have worked around the issue so perhaps it’s worth asking the question.

render86
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

That’s a good question and is best answered by MT4 developers. You could ask the question on MT4 forums, however given that this method of tick-quality back-testing is not officially supported, I’m not sure whether you’ll get an official answer. There may be other users who have worked around the issue so perhaps it’s worth asking the question.

Have you tried approaching MetaQuotes for an official partnership?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

No – Just bear in mind that the Tickstory is not specifically targeted to Metatrader or Metatrader Back-testing. We are interested in allowing all traders to store quality data and back-test their systems efficiently and as accurately as possible – regardless of what trading application they use. Our development still continues to focus on improving the way Tickstory can acquire market data from various sources, store and analyse this data and also deliver it to various trading systems. Having a good, manageable set of market data is the pinnacle of a profitable trading system yet few have access to it (unless they’re willing to invest many (hundreds of) thousands of dollars).

Metatrader 4 obviously have their own specific list of development priorities and tick-level back-testing has been requested by many of their customers. If this ever comes to fruition then we will continue to support it as one of the many third-party trading applications that can utilise the Tickstory database.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.