mt5 import data issue

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickwaiting

mt5 import data issue

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi TickStory

i'm facing issue as this is my first time to import tick data on mt5.

i finished step 1 & 2 but on step 3 when creating custom symbol and click import data i can't find them although if i open the location i see them the bars and tick files but through mt5 terminal they don't appear.

what did i do wrong if thats the case?

do you have video of the process because on step 3 it doesn't show illustration picture just plain texts.

looking forward to hear from you

tickwaiting

Re: mt5 import data issue

Post by tickwaiting »

i hope this help

messages from the log

Time Message
25-05-2024 19:47 Error occurred processing file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data\XAUUSD\2007\00\29\05h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.
25-05-2024 19:18 Error occurred processing file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Data\XAUUSD\2010\07\31\12h_ticks.bi5. Attempting redownload.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

If you are referring to not being able to see data in the "Bars" tab when requesting a date range, please make sure you have gone to MT5's Options->Charts->Max bars in chart and set it to "Unlimited". If you don't do this, MT5 will not show all available data to preserve memory resources.

Regarding the "error occurred processing file", Tickstory should automatically try recover from this error and move to the next file as indicated.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
Mt5_Tools_Options.jpg

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

hi tickstory

i changed it to unlimited still not appeared, i guess i have to delete downloaded files and start all over again, then i will update you if it is solved.

by the way when i create custom symbol what do i name it to avoid duplicate symbols with built in one.

thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Please try again and see if that fixes your issue. If you continue to have issues, you might want to give a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing (or not seeing) so we're on the same page.

With custom symbols, I believe that custom symbols will always show under the folder named as such. For clarity, you can just add your own post-fix such as "_tickstory" or whatever is appropriate for you.

Hope this helps.

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory,

this issue still present, kindly see screenshots 1-4
Attachments
3.png
2.png
1.png
1.png (9.5 KiB) Viewed 925 times

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

Attachments
4.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Could you please elaborate what the issue is from the screenshots you provided? Just one point to add and that is, have you tried the "Copy from" field to copy all the data from an existing MT4 symbol? This will allow you to duplicate all the existing symbol parameters without having to import them via a .json file.

After that, could you please tell us what the issue is? When you import the data on the "Bar" tab, do you see the imported sample as shown on the attached screenshot?

Thanks.
Attachments
Mt5_Symbol_Import_Bars.jpg

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

im not sure if we are on the same page.

i use mt5 not mt4 i followed the instructions on this video but stuck on step 3 which started at 3:49 it shows instructions without image.

https://youtu.be/a1ZehpsSqvo

when I create a custom symbol then click import i don't see the downloaded data

if it's possible you make video or screenshot of step 3

thanks
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-29 191031.png
4.png
Screenshot (3316).png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Yes, apologies we cannot provide a video of MT5 screens in Youtube due to copyright issues. Our associated guide which is linked to in the Youtube description goes through everything step-by-step with screenshots. Please let us know if that doesn't clarify.

Thanks.