Newbie in Backtesting

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
J880

Newbie in Backtesting

Post by J880 »

Hello,

I am new to backtesting, and I just subscribed today to Tickstory Professional. I followed the instructions provided here --- https://tickstory.com/back-testing-in-m ... g-quality/. But when I click the Start button in MT5 Strategy Tester, nothing happens. Before, when I used the data of my broker, backtesting was working ok.

I get the message "Cloud servers switched off" in the journal by the way.
2023-10-23_17-44-39.jpg

Any idea on what should I do?

tickstory

Re: Newbie in Backtesting

Post by tickstory »

Hi J880,

Thanks for your recent purchase. Regarding the back-testing issue, do you have further information on what is happening in the back-tester? Usually you get some sort of notification when you press the 'Start' button in the 'Settings' tab. Have you selected the symbol you exported? Are you getting any other errors or notifications on the MT5 back-tester? Does the back-tester work if you select a different symbol?

Some extra screenshots would be helpful if the above questions don't help you identify the issue. At the moment it seems odd that your Journal doesn't have any information. You should expect to see a lot more information if the back-test has been started correctly.

Thanks.