help me (DOW & GOLD pricing)

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
ticktock

help me (DOW & GOLD pricing)

Post by ticktock »

Hi moderator
in past 3 months I have tried to download price as CSV file but nothing happened < I don't know what is the problem ,I want to download Dow Jones from 1896/5/26 or gold from 1971/08/15 in daily chart
but the massage of server is busy comes out. would you tell me how to solve this problem, Thank you

tickstory

Re: help me (DOW & GOLD pricing)

Post by tickstory »

Hi TIcktock,

First up, please check the dates that you are using as they don't look correct. As per this page, USA30.IDX (DOW) and XAUUSD (GOLD) go back to 2011/09/19 and 2003/05/04, respectively.

If you are having connectivity problems, try going to File->Settings->Dukascopy and click on the "Test" button to verify the data servers can be accessed. If you have any error on this screen, it means that either a virus checker or your ISP is preventing Tickstory from fully accessing the internet. If this is the case, you will need to rectify the problem before you can continue.

Hope this helps.

ticktock

Post by ticktock »

Hi dear
Thank you for your response, I check the test option and connection is successful, but I want the old data. I have thought that with tick story I can access to old data.so how I can download old data as I mentioned in above request. Is tick story provide this, or I must find it from other data provider
Thank you in advance

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ticktock,

The historical dates only go back to that mentioned in link we gave you above. Note that this data is tick data and not bar data. Very few service providers will be able to provide tick data going back this far (although you might find daily data on some services that go back this far).

Hope this helps.