Difference Between Tick Data Suite And The Standard version

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
vj_kc

Difference Between Tick Data Suite And The Standard version

Post by vj_kc »

Hi there,

I am a full time trader, with Strategies built to work with price charts (Renko,Range, etc.) My Price Chart plugin for My mt4 (build 590) that creates the HST&FXT files but as these are no standard charts i.e Candle and normal bars, i Fail to optimize, it with the TICK DATA SUITE, i am willing to know, that what is the mail difference Between The standard tickstory version and the Tick data suite.? Cause as i cannot run any optimization with the TDS (As i have to manually create specific HST&FXT files everytime i use different settings for backtesting) it makes sense that rather than buying TDS i buy Tickstory, if all these both softwares could do is 99% modeling quality, Please provide a specific Distinction between your product (Tickstory) And TDS.

Regards,
Vijay Karamchandani

tickstory

Re: Difference Between Tick Data Suite And The Standard vers

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vijay,

If you are performing some custom regeneration of your datasets (HST/FXT files) neither product is able to do this for you (although we do plan to put a Renko feature in Tickstory in the future). If you are needing to do some simple changes for your optimisation such as testing the effects of commission changes, then Tickstory can expedite the process through its "FXT Editor" which permits you to make ad-hoc changes to such settings. From what you are describing, however, it seems that the changes you need to make affect the entire dataset (presumably such as changing the Renko box size). If this is the case, you will need to continue performing an entire re-export of your data as you are doing now.

For a list of differences between Tickstory and TDS, please see this link for the most current list:

https://tickstory.com/product/birts-tick-data-suite/

Hope this helps.

vj_kc

Post by vj_kc »

Yes i have. CVS2FXT script that i run., on the chart is not the normal, CVS2FXT, but it is a proprietary CVS2FXT script that comes with my renko box plugin, that is what i do.
1.firstly i create my HST/FXT file from the my proprietary script (not from the birt's script).
2.Then all files get in to the respective folders., when restart mt4.
3.then in my TDS., which i have configured with my license key (Trial), i select the installation folder., and that is it.,
4.Then i go ahead performing my backtest.

What i am trying to get out you is, as everytime i change my renko box setting, i will have go through the long procedure of creating HST/FXT files, and i am just trying to ask you, if rather than just using the TDS , if i have the tickstory (Standard) version installed,(As they are configured in the same way)., will it solve my purpose.?

let me be very clear, i will not be creating HST/FXT files from tickstory, i just need it to convert the pre-loaded HST/FXT files to help me backtest.

I do acknowledge that tickstory, is less cumbersome, it automatically creates the HST/FXT files and place them in the right folder, but is it possible, that i first get the CSV file from SQ tick dowloader, create my files from my Renko CSV2FXT script., select the installation folder (On the standard version), and then Run the backtest.

Regards,
Vijay

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vinjay,

Tickstory supports both MT4 Export directly and CSV2FXT (via the File Export method), so yes, you can still use your custom script.
As for the launcher, generally speaking it sounds like Tickstory will do what you need if you are content with fixed spread back-tests.

Hope this helps.

vj_kc

Post by vj_kc »

But the CSV files the SQ tick down-loader gets me are variable spread files.!, And the the HST/FXT files that my script creates are also the variable, ones, so that mean Tickstory cant help with the given data set i have.?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vinjay,

You can export the data you need via Tickstory in whatever format you choose. There is a predefined format for CSV2FXT so there is no need for any other product except for your custom CSV2FXT script.

Hope this helps.

vj_kc

Post by vj_kc »

That will wont help, i have tried that. i need to use, other CVS2FXT scripts but that is no good, i have to use the script provided by my plugin provider.,simply because it has to create HST/FXT files with predetermined settings (PIP box size) to backtest. so can your software handle the variable spread processed FXT/HST files, that's all i need to know.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vinjay,

As previously indicated, Tickstory currently only supports fixed spread.

Regards.