Birt's Tick Data suite is an alternative launcher utility that allows you to back-test Metatrader 4 Expert Advisors with tick data. It provides similar functionality to Tickstory's launcher with the addition of several features including the ability to test with variable spreads.
Birt’s Tick Data Suite
Birt’s Tick Data Suite is a launcher that allows you to test Metatrader Expert Advisors (EAs) with tick data. It offers a couple more features over the Tickstory Launcher including:
- Allows backtesting with real, variable spread.
- Offers the option to enable slippage in backtests.
- Allows starting multiple Metatrader 4 copies from the same folder, letting you run multiple backtests or optimizations at the same time
- Automatically detects if your data files are using variable spread or not.
The Tick Data Suite is compatible with Tickstory*, which means you can conveniently export data via Tickstory and begin your back-testing (Tickstory will seamlessly launch the TDS launcher once it’s installed in the MT4 installation folder).
If you are new to back-testing with tick data, you can try our free product Tickstory Lite which allows you to download quality tick data and back-test your Metatrader 4 Expert Advisors in 5 Simple Steps.
* Note that Tickstory does not provide technical support for the Tick Data Suite, however you can get any necessary support from the vendor.