Home Forums Tickstory Lite Issue/Bug tracking Tester: Exchange rate cannot be calculated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I used Tickstory’s “Map to” option for the DAX symbol name discrepancy but I am now getting this message:

2015.09.11 12:11:57.002 Tester: exchange rate cannot be calculated.

I’ve set the base currency to EUR in Tickstory before re-downloading the data and keep getting the same message in the journal. Further, my .fxt and .hst files are named “.DE30Cash5_0.fxt” and “.DE30Cash5.hst” – the way the DAX symbol is named with my broker.

Please, assist.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Render86,

There is some discussion on this topic in the MQL groups. One suggestion is that your account’s currency must match the symbol currency. Is this the case?

Regards.

render86
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

Hi Render86,

There is some discussion on this topic in the MQL groups. One suggestion is that your account’s currency must match the symbol currency. Is this the case?

Regards.

Which account’s currency if I am not logged into any account while using MT4 with Tickstory?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

The “server name” (eg. “Alpari Demo”) that you are exporting to should have a default account currency when it was set up. You need to have logged in at least once to your MT4 terminal so it could download the default broker configuration.

render86
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

The “server name” (eg. “Alpari Demo”) that you are exporting to should have a default account currency when it was set up. You need to have logged in at least once to your MT4 terminal so it could download the default broker configuration.

What is the symbol currency for DAX? The accounts I had been accessing from that MT4 were USD-denominated yet I kept getting the above error message when I selected USD as the base currency in Tickstory before downloading the DAX data.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

The currency for the DAX is EUR. I would be making sure that the ‘margin ccy’ field is also set to EUR, as it seems that the MT4 strategy tester is trying to perform some sort of conversion. Note that is MT4 error is not documented, so resolving this is a matter of trial and error. The other thing I would be trying is to back-test your DE30Cash5_0 symbol without Tickstory data. If it doesn’t yield the same error, then use the FXT Data Editor to compare the values of the working FXT with the Tickstory exported one.

Regards.

render86
    Participant

@tickstory wrote:

The currency for the DAX is EUR. I would be making sure that the ‘margin ccy’ field is also set to EUR, as it seems that the MT4 strategy tester is trying to perform some sort of conversion. Note that is MT4 error is not documented, so resolving this is a matter of trial and error. The other thing I would be trying is to back-test your DE30Cash5_0 symbol without Tickstory data. If it doesn’t yield the same error, then use the FXT Data Editor to compare the values of the working FXT with the Tickstory exported one.

Regards.

I’m not having any luck with EUR either.

Could you, please, post a screenshot of the Tickstory settings for DAX and other indices?

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Render,

We don’t have a list of “standard” settings for indices as they are sourced from the broker. Have you tried the previous suggestion of back-testing with your standard broker data (i.e. just start MT4 without Tickstory and try testing)? If this works, you should be able to match your settings with the generated FXT’s information.

Regards.

imported_tickstory
    Participant

Hi Render,

As per our offline conversation, I believe you have now resolved this issue by setting your Profit Calculation Mode to 1 (which is CFD).

Hope this assist others having the same issue.

Regards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.