TestGenerator FXT cannot open [5]

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
HERTZ

TestGenerator FXT cannot open [5]

Post by HERTZ »

Hello, I have the problem of mapping the DEUIDEUR to DE.30 of my broker. I use the methode you had mentioned in the topic
http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809
But I got this problem: TestGenerator: file "C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\808DAFF7FC3879CBFA8467253C68B3CB\tester\history\DE.3030_0.fxt" cannot open [5]
So what can I do? Thanks
Attachments
tickstory data convert
tickstory data convert
broker data
broker data

tickstory

Re: TestGenerator FXT cannot open [5]

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hertz,

I can't see the end of the filename, but I'm guessing that the file that MT4 is trying to load is exactly the same as the one you have a screenshot of. If this is the case, could you please close down Tickstory and any other applications that could be locking this file? If the problem still persists, are you able to provide a screenshot of the Tester logs so see if there are any other errors that are being raised?

Thanks.

HERTZ

Post by HERTZ »

When I close the Tickstory, the problem is still persists.
2016.02.25 14:15:43.455 Expert MACD Sample DE.30,M30: loaded successfully
2016.02.25 14:15:43.471 TestGenerator: file "C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\808DAFF7FC3879CBFA8467253C68B3CB\tester\history\DE.3030_0.fxt" is read-only
2016.02.25 14:15:43.472 TestGenerator: file "C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\808DAFF7FC3879CBFA8467253C68B3CB\tester\history\DE.3030_0.fxt" cannot open [5]

Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hertz,

According to the error messages, it looks like it has detected the files are there but can't open it for some reason. How large are your FXT files? MT4 has a limitation of 4GB. I'm not sure if this could be causing the issue. Are you having this error on any other symbol?

Thanks.

jupitrader

Post by jupitrader »

Hello, i have the same problem. All forex datas is right except index (france40, dax...) and gold.

I read topics ans many forums and i did all before writing you but always no results.

Have you found a solution to fix this problem ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jupitrader,

At this stage is seems that this problem only occurs on specific brokers and sometimes only when using a particular time-frame. Can you please let us know the broker you are using along with whether the issue is resolved when you change to a difference time-frame?

Thanks.

Sunnybeach

Post by Sunnybeach »

I have same issue.
It is working well before today that I have exported the data to MT4 for EURCHF. I can do backtest very well before this export.
It is still working well for EURGBP which I exported the data to MT4 on March 13, 2016.

So, it has nothing to do with broker and time frame.

Now, I resume the data back(the data before I do the export today) by backup machine. It works again with old data!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sunnybeach,

We are actively trying to reproduce this issue. If you have any further details such as the broker terminal you are using, the export symbol and date range and any other information you believe useful in consistently reproducing the issue, then please let us know. Please ensure you are using "MACD Sample" EA so we can try reproduce the error on our side.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

We have been able to reproduce this issue only when the exported range was less than 100 bars in total. If, for example, if you are testing in the 'Daily' timeframe and have less than 100 days of exported data, this error seems to occur. Similarly, if you were to be back-testing in the 15-minute time-frame and exported less than 1 days worth of data, this error would also occur.

If anyone has any further information that may counter this finding, please provide us with the details so we can investigate further. Until then, you should export sufficient data for the time-frame you're testing in to avoid this error.

Thanks.

Sunnybeach

Post by Sunnybeach »

tickstory wrote:Hi Sunnybeach,

We are actively trying to reproduce this issue. If you have any further details such as the broker terminal you are using, the export symbol and date range and any other information you believe useful in consistently reproducing the issue, then please let us know. Please ensure you are using "MACD Sample" EA so we can try reproduce the error on our side.

Thanks.
IC markets MT4, Export symbol: EURCHF, data range from 2015.1.1 to 2016. 3.31.

It has no any problem for EURGBP! It is not OK even using the same configuration file of EURGBP for export!

No matter what data range I choose, it produce the same problem for EURCHF.