Error message #131 Invalid Volume

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickstory

Re: Error message #131 Invalid Volume

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mr Squiggle,

In your EA (or if you create a new one), the provided code should be copy and pasted into the "OnTick" method. When you run the EA, it will print out the values of the "Lot step" value. It will then be possible to see in the Journal what the values are when you attempt to back-test. This may give some indication whether there's an issue that MT4 will need to resolve.

If you're not entirely sure of how to do all this, then are you able to give us the steps to reproduce the issue, including the Volume 131 error ? Is this occurring with the standard MACD Sample EA?

Thanks.

fnag

Post by fnag »

Hi there,

Here are my findings - input:

1. Since 2 weeks I do have exactly the same issue. i.e.: I used an offline MT4 installation build 840 (downloaded from FXCM) and imported the tickstory / Dukascopy data to do EA backtesting. This testing went perfect for several days.

2. Then from 1 day to another, - and I can confirm as asked in a previous post with Mr Squiggle- with the same EA/ same parameters / settings and NO code change whatsoever, give me the #131 error message:

OrderSendEx: OrderSend(Sell) invalid trade volume
OrderSend error 131

The error report happened with all other EA's that I tried to test.

3. Just now (on reading some suggestions in the thread above), I logged into the linked FXCM demo for about 30 seconds, some ticks came in, I went back offline and did re-retest same EA's again, and now the testing DOES work fine again (apart from the fact that the test results are very very different... with same settings).

Strange...

4. Non-related question: modeling quality shows ''n/a'' but always a solid full green bar and 0 mismatched chart errors.

Hope this helps in rectifying this error..

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Fnag,

Thanks for the further info, however it's still not clear how to reproduce the issue consistently. It does sound like a the EA is dependent on some sort of parameter used to calculate the volume or that some MT4 setting is "missing" when the terminal is offline.

Are you able to provide the exact details of how to reproduce the issue from a fresh terminal installation? We'd also need the EA code you are using - preferrably a very simple one that just has a few lines with the "OrderSend" and nothing else.

Thanks.

Thanks.

fnag

Post by fnag »

But it has worked fine offline for several weeks.. Anyway, if you treat the ea confidential I can forward you the entire code, let me know on what email address to send it and I will do so later today.

As for your other question, I prefer to avoid importing all tick data on a fresh new installation as that takes too much time and cpu during my working hours...
Last edited by fnag on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Fnag,

Of course we would keep the EA code confidential, however you are welcome to send a scaled down version that specifically produces the issue (in fact, we'd prefer it). You should have PM access to send us information directly.

Re: "fresh installation" - I was hoping that you had a list of steps that would reproduce the problem consistently. In your last post you were suggesting that the error was occurring intermittently. If this is the case, then it may be difficult to identify the issue.

Re: You using Build 840, I was initially under the impression that this was only occurring in Builds 880 and above. Curious as to why other users were not experiencing it earlier.

Thanks.

fnag

Post by fnag »

My bad, correction: Build version is 890 .

I have pm'd you in the meantime. Please let me know if you need more/other info.

In the meantime, the problem seems to be solved, as I stated, by simply going online for 30 seconds on the said FXCM demo. I can do normal testing offline now without issues...

Mr Squiggle

Post by Mr Squiggle »

I have had a busy week this week and have not been able to do any testing. Hopefully this weekend.
I was just using the default EA's that came with MT4 to reproduce the errors.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

We've managed to replicate the issue on a terminal, however there is no apparent issue with the data as far as we can see. The market info information (eg. lot size) information seems to be correct and returning a valid value from the strategy tester. It appears that others have come across this issue as well and it has been logged with Metatrader here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/64418.
Hopefully there will be a resolution shortly. The only workaround we know of in the interim is to roll back your MT4 Build to 840 (see link below) or try the suggestions mentioned in this thread.

Link to Build 840:
http://www.tickstory.com/files/Metatrad ... te.840.zip

Hope this helps.

Seeker_a

Post by Seeker_a »

Thank you for the file, but please tell me way to stop autoupdate from updating to version 890. It seems that the usual "delete the Webinstall folder" doesn't work anymore or I'm missing something. I'm a licensed user and have the latest update of Tickstory and still unable to backtest :(

Mr Squiggle

Post by Mr Squiggle »

Hi,
I tried 890 and had same issue, if I connect to broker I can run a backtest, if I go offline I get error 131.
I rolled back to 840 using your files and was able to run backtest without error.
We'll see what happens with the next version of MT4.