Error message #131 Invalid Volume

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
ticksquick

Error message #131 Invalid Volume

Post by ticksquick »

I have been testing for many weeks on a Pepperstone demo, and getting the 99.9% modeling quality. All of a sudden the back testing will not work because I am getting these Error = 131 Invalid Volume messages in the Journal.

BTW I also use Birts Forex Tick Data software, I have been testing at .01 and 0.1 and 1.0 lot sizes with no issues, so please help me out here to determine whats going on because the parameters have not changed at all.

I even deleted Tickstory and all related files and down loaded the newest version 1.7.2.0 which I have paid for, and re-down loaded one year of tick data from Dukascopy for 3 pairs, and still getting these error 131 Invalid Volume messages.

George

tickstory

Re: Error message #131 Invalid Volume

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ticksquick,

If you are successfully back-testing with data produced from CSV2FXT, then could you please use Tickstory's FXT Editor to take a screenshot of the FXT information and then do the same with the FXT produced by Tickstory? There must be some sort of difference between the two sets of "MT4 Settings" (i.e. FXT header).

Thanks.

ticksquick

Post by ticksquick »

I got it working fine now, what I did was I got back online by opening a new demo account and prices were moving, then I got offline and tried the back test
and it worked fine, so thank you. So it seems with build 880 anyways, thats what you have to do

George

davebaz

Post by davebaz »

Hi,

I've paid for the Tickstory 1.7.2 version. Thanks, it's great. I have tested it with Instaforex and Roboforex mt4 successfully.
But Error 131 always shows on Tickmill mt4 backtest (using the same EA which run successfully on Live and Backtest on other brokers).
The EA also runs well on Tickmill Live, so this error happens only when Backtesting with tisckstory on Tickmill.
I try to backtest another EAs on Tickmill, still get the same error 131. Once again, there's nothing wrong on the EA for test/live on another Broker.

I check also on related posts and http://www.tickstory.com/help/tickstory ... etting.htm, but still couldn't find the answer. Please help.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

ticksquick wrote:I got it working fine now, what I did was I got back online by opening a new demo account and prices were moving, then I got offline and tried the back test
and it worked fine, so thank you. So it seems with build 880 anyways, thats what you have to do
Hi Ticksquick - good to hear that it was resolved, although not entirely sure what fixed it. Are you saying that you need to download a new terminal or simply open up a new demo account and try again?

Davebaz - are you able to try the suggestion in the previous message to compare FXT information? It also sounds like Ticksquick's solution may have some bearing on solving the issue as well by the sounds.

Regards.

davebaz

Post by davebaz »

Hi,
1. Using CSV2FXT and compare FXT information : failed, still get the same error
2. Ticksquick's solution : always success on other brokers (as I mentioned previously), I also use this step.
3. My last trial, I test it with Tickstory with the mt4 online : success with 99.9% modelling and the tickstory's FXT is not overwritten by the broker (Tickmill).

I think some mt4 need us to test it when online, e.g. Tickmill. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

Naomi

Post by Naomi »

I got the #131 problem, too.
Only way to solved is online again, and doing back test in this time.
If I re-open MT4 VIA tickstory lite on offline mode.
The problem will happen again.
Not yet to find any solution.(T_T)

PS. I use 3 brokers MT4 and also official copy, too, all 880 version. Same problem.

Mr Squiggle

Post by Mr Squiggle »

The problem may be in symbols.raw.

I did a clean install of MT4 from the MT 4 site
Started MT4 and cancelled out of the create demo and cancelled login to account.
Closed MT4
By default it creates a history folder of "FXCM-USDDemo01" with only symbols.sel
I exported a currency to this session with my broker config file
Started MT4 with no logon and was able to run a strategy test.

Now I did the same with my broker download.
I did a clean install of MT4 from my broker.
Started MT4 and cancelled out of the create demo and cancelled login to account.
Closed MT4
It does not create a default account.
Restarted MT4 and logged into my account
Closed MT4
It creates a broker account folder. It has news.dat, symbols.raw,symbols.sel,ticks.raw,symgroups.raw
Started MT4 with no logon and was not able to run a strategy test. 0.1 lot size. Order Send Error 131.
Closed MT4 and removed all config files apart from symbols.sel
Strategy test worked.

Copied all files apart from symbols.raw and strategy test worked.
Copied symbols.raw and Order Send Error 131.

So probably at this stage the best way for Strategy testing would be to:
I did a clean install of MT4 from the MT 4 site
Closed MT4
By default it creates a history folder of "FXCM-USDDemo01" with only symbols.sel
Started MT4 with no logon and was able to run a strategy test.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mr Squiggle,

Thanks for the info. Are you (or someone else having the same issue) able to confirm that the order details (volume, price, etc) you are sending are still the same in both cases? The other thing to check would be to run the following code:

Code: Select all

Print("Lot size in the base currency=",MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSIZE));
  Print("Step for changing lots=",MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP));
If the values are different between being logged out vs being logged in, it seems to point to an MT4 issue which hopefully will be rectified soon!

Regards.

Mr Squiggle

Post by Mr Squiggle »

Hi,
Can you go into a bit more detail on what the process is to extract the information you are requesting.
Thanks.