v1.6 Released!

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
matinhas

Re: v1.6 Released!

Post by matinhas »

tickstory wrote:Hi Matinhas,

- It will allow optimization on MT4?
Users have been using it with optimisation. You can try things out with v1.5 and an earlier version of MT4 to make sure it does what you want. If it works with v1.5 it will work with v1.6.

- will be possible to download ticks from other servers, like FXOpen?
The only data source we support at the moment is Dukascopy who provide quite reliable tick-level data.

Regards.
Hi

FXOpen have tick data with better detail, including the bid and ask price for everytick (they gave me an access to tick history db). I use it with TDS and works well, but the problem of FXOpen is the procedure to prepare the data: I need to download using them software, than convert to csv and
Finally create HST's and FXT's. As the data is very detailed, each file have sometime's more than 10GB for 3years data and i need to repet this procedure for each symbol..
So.. tickhistory have the advantage of the download and export procedure automated. If you can support FXOpen, I'll be able to backtest and trade with same datasource (Dukascopy don't have MT4, just a poor and delayed bridge)
Thanks

jared77

Post by jared77 »

OK purchased new update and it worked but now it is not loading metatrader at all? has there been a recent update on metatrader? Im not even getting waring alerts - simply nothing happens now when I load metatrader from tickstory.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jared,

Couple of questions:

1) Have you applied your license in Help->About before launching?
2) What is happening when you try launch Metatrader by itself?
3) If Metatrader is starting fine by itself, what happens if you simply select 'Launch' from Tickstory after it has started?
4) How are you confirming that the launcher is not working? Are you attempting to back-test after you launch?

Thanks.

alex009

Post by alex009 »

Works well so far ! Thank to your team for great job ! Awesome.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback, Alex ;)

electrofx

Post by electrofx »

Firstly I would like to apologize for not donating up to now, I have used your software in the past and it has saved me a lot of time and allowed me to do what I needed to do. I can't say that I need it right now but I have purchased it anyway to support you and your efforts.

Anyone out there trying to ride the free train all the time must understand just how low this price is for what it is. If trading and developing trading software is your thing then this is just a very small cost of doing business. If you don't support tickstory right now then you will be paying a lot more in the future for similar software so my advice to everyone who wants this project to continue is to make this small payment now to save money later. Similar software is much more expensive than this because I have bought it all myself for my own developments.... and for the record I have no affiliation whatsoever with tickstory, these are just my honest thoughts along with some facts.

So really I just want to say thank you to the tickstory developers, your software has been very useful to me in the past and I'm sure it will continue to be in the future. I have developed a few things myself and I know how many hours get spent on these things.

All the best,
Theo
electrofx.com

bogola

Post by bogola »

Hello, getting ready to buy a 1.6 and the question is whether we will support the new MT4 build 840? Thank you for your work. Sincerely, T. B.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bogola,

Yes, it has been tested with the latest Build 840.

Regards.

bogola

Post by bogola »

Hello, I've bought Tickstory yesterday and Thank you for your work. Tickstory is work perfect, but when a broker dots per currency pair for example EURUSD.. so not working. For example broker XTB, but it's small thing. I installed another platform from another broker. Thank you again and I hope that there will be enough people who appreciate and pay for your work. ;) And one of my system demonstration.. Thank you.. T.B
02.01 2012 - yesterday
02.01 2012 - yesterday
Thank you Tickstory
Thank you Tickstory

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Electrofx - many thanks for your support and feedback!

Hi Bogola - good to hear your EA is rocking ;) Could you please elaborate what you mean "broker dots per currency pair"? (P.S. We may create a separate/new post if the thread needs to continue.)

Regards.