Need help with Metatrader Info

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
ianmae

Need help with Metatrader Info

Post by ianmae »

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in backtesting EA and I needed help or explanation/instruction how to set each entry value in the Metatrader Info, because each broker has different commission, swaps, leverage... and I would really like to set the values that the broker charge for each trade and to see how my EA perform if it is in a live account. The following arrows in the attached image is where I get confuse.

Thanks in advance,
David
Attachments
Metatrader Info.jpg

tickstory

Re: Need help with Metatrader Info

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ianmae,

As a newbie, we would recommend you refer to the section on "Customising MT4 export settings" in the Tickstory manual (see http://www.tickstory.com/help/tickstorylite/).
The instructions will tell you how to export your broker's terminal settings (such as leverage) into a config which can be loaded in the Metatrader Info screen.

Hope this helps.

marek8

Post by marek8 »

Hallo,
I receive for diferent Brokers :
2014.10.17 10:25:45.900 TickstoryInfoExpert GBPUSD,M5: Error - could not open file Mt4.JFD Brokers Ltd..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted.

:(

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marek8,

It's possible that the config file name is causing a problem and you may need to explicitly specify a config file name. Please refer to this post for more discussion on how to resolve this error:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65

Thanks.

Giller

Post by Giller »

Hi Everyone,

Do anyone knows how to set Hedged Margin (Mng Hedged) on the Mt4 Settings menu? I downloaded both IronFX and XMmarkets config and there is a "0" at the Mng Hedged field but I know that at XM the same size hedged positions has zero margin needs while at IronFx hedging just don't need additional margin but keeps the original margin booked. So my question is how to set Mng Hedged in case of opposite positions canceling each others margin and how to set in case of 0 margin need for the opposite position?

Thanks,

Giller