lost FXT files

General discussion about the Tickstory Lite software package.
rubys

Re: lost FXT files

Post by rubys »

Hi,
I've seen the same behavior on my PC (windows 7).
Running Tickstory as administrator did the trick for me.
Hope it helps,
Ruby

rubys

Post by rubys »

One more important thing: it will work only on existing .fxt files in tester folder (files that exists before launching Tickstory).
Cheers,
Ruby

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rubys,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please elaborate on which issue was addressed by running as administrator? The files not being marked as read-only? Were your files also on a USB stick?

Thanks.

rubys

Post by rubys »

Hi,
1. This workaround will work only on existing .fxt files in ...\tester\history\. So I use Tickstory to create fxt files to all desired pairs and time frames - the period is not important; it is only important that the .fxt files will exist in the ...\tester\history\ folder. For me all of these .fxt files where not marked as read only as mentioned in this thread.
2. Launch Tickstory as administrator using right click on the desktop icon or changing the desktop shortcut advanced properties to allow it to run as administrator.
3. Repeat step 1 but now use the desired backtesting period (i.e. one year of data). This time, when the process ends, the .fxt files (which where there but was not marked as read only) will be recreated and marked as read only as desired.

Hope it helps
Ruby

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rubys,

Thanks for the further information. From what you are saying, it sounds like there are some issues with permissions/ownership. If you delete the files completely and re-create them with Tickstory (without using Administrator access) does it still fail to mark the files as read-only?

Thanks.

gooly

Re: Read-only attribute

Post by gooly »

I think there is a bug in the 'Make file read only' option.
If this is set I can see that (on Win7,64) for these 'users' on my PC (thisPC)
  • SYSTEM
    gooly (thisPC\gooly) [me as user - and owner of the files]
    root (thisPC\root) [me as admin]
    Home Users (thisPC\Home Users)
    Administrators (thisPC\Administrator)
the rights of each fxt-file is as follows:
  • SYSTEM full..write
    gooly (thisPC\gooly) full..write (wrong)
    root (thisPC\root) full..write
    Home Users (thisPC\Home Users) read, start, read (ok, but there are no further users)
    Administrators (thisPC\Administrator) full..write
That is most probalbly the reaso why the 'Make file read only' option obviously does not work:
The individual user (who has started Tickstory) gate full access which is not restricted. The restriction of the user groupe seems to be nor enough.
I feel sorry for you because I know under Linux this a lot easier to handle!
Gooly

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

We have confirmed that there is an issue with marking files as 'read only' specifically when the FXT files are created for the first time. Once they have been created, there should be no issue.
If anyone experiencing different symptoms, please provide us with more details so we can try reproduce the problem.
We will be providing a fix for the mentioned problem shortly and will update this thread when it is available.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

The read-only issue mentioned above has now been resolved as of v1.7.2. You can refer to this post for further details:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 766&p=3562&

Regards.