things id like to see with tickstory

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
805fx

things id like to see with tickstory

Post by 805fx »

Here are my suggestions i would liked to have seen with tickstory.. I like that the people doing this site and service seem open to suggestions..

I have the free (lite) version.. But it be more then willing to pay if these features were added...

1. Id like to see multiple download streams.. Right now with a single download stream its tooo slow.. One year takes a looooonnngg time... Id like to see 5 or 6 streams down for faster download speeds... The free version can be just one stream... Internetdownloademanager uses multiple streams like this-- makes huge files download 8x faster..

2. Lifetime software update for the pay version.. I mean if new software comes out-- paying customers should be able to use it..

Another thing that would be nice that instead of getting the data only when starting mt4 though the tickstory app.. Would to just download the data into the history files of mt4 and then just use mt4 as normal.. No having to use the tickstory app--- except to download new dates or refresh a pair etc..

Overall happy so far with your service.. Just a few more things will really make this a value product...

tickstory

Re: things id like to see with tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi 805fx,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Regarding your points:

1) We are going to increase the download speed shortly. We are also mindful of not being too over-bearing on Dukascopy's servers as they may choose to force their own throttling mechanism if users are flooding with multiple requests.

2) We are working on the best way forward regarding the pricing of the paid version. As you may know, development & support is an on-going cost, so you will find that software houses who charge a flat-fee can only do so because they do not provide updates and/or on-going support. In our case, we would like to continue to offer new and improved features over time and will price the software accordingly.

For those who have registered early, we believe they have received significant value for their small investment - coming up to 6 months of support & updates for the price of a Brontosaurus burger! ;) We have taken note of your comments, however, and we will continue to look at ways where we can offer more to our users.

3) Our next generation of Tickstory will provide automatic updating of MT4 database files.

Hope this answers some of your thoughts and thanks again for taking the time to provide some feedback.