Removing Duplicate Ticks for Faster MT4 Optimization

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
Fiverr

Removing Duplicate Ticks for Faster MT4 Optimization

Post by Fiverr »

Hi there,

Is it possible to have a feature in Tickstory to remove duplicated ticks or small tick movement? This way we will have two sets of tickdata: one for MT4 optimization and another for full tick testing. Currently my MT4 optimization running on full ticks is about 300 hours. I would like to reduce the tick optimization down to 100 hours and then I can run a full tick test once I am happy with my optimized solution. Please let me know your thoughts.

tickstory

Re: Removing Duplicate Ticks for Faster MT4 Optimization

Post by tickstory »

Hi Fiverr,

Thanks for your feedback. There is a 'filter duplicate tick' checkbox in the MT4 Export dialg box. Is this what you are looking for?

Regards.

Fiverr

Post by Fiverr »

tickstory wrote:Hi Fiverr,

Thanks for your feedback. There is a 'filter duplicate tick' checkbox in the MT4 Export dialg box. Is this what you are looking for?

Regards.
Come to think of it, I was looking for something more aggressive than removing duplicate ticks. For example, the full 10-year tick is 9GB and removing the duplicate ticks will bring it down to 8.7GB. What if we can set the delta between each tick i.e. only include the tick if it moves more than 5, or 10, or 20, or 30 points? This way we can reduce the tick file down to 3G or smaller; hence, it will increase the MT4 optimization. Once we have found the optimum solution then we can test the solution on the 9GB file. Please let me know your thoughts.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Fiverr,

A threshold limit sounds useful - of course, this would only be applicable for certain types of strategies. Have you any firm stats on how much data this would save?

Regards.