designate export folder....

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
4EverMaAT

designate export folder....

Post by 4EverMaAT »

this may seem trivial, but I noticed that when I exported the csv file, it was in the TickStory install folder, NOT the designated data folder that stores the dukascopy databases. I'm not sure why it was done this way, but please allow users to designate the folder or default it to the same location as the dukascopy database folder so everything is in one place.

tickstory

Re: designate export folder....

Post by tickstory »

Hi 4EverMaat,

The file export does permit you to specify the absolute path name for the CSV (etc) files. Simple enter this file specification in the 'output filename' box.
Tickstory will not output information to the MT4 'history' folder by default as this is not the correct location to export files of this type (remember, not all users of Tickstory are necessarily using MT4).

Regards.

4EverMaAT

Post by 4EverMaAT »

tickstory wrote:Hi 4EverMaat,

The file export does permit you to specify the absolute path name for the CSV (etc) files. Simple enter this file specification in the 'output filename' box.
Tickstory will not output information to the MT4 'history' folder by default as this is not the correct location to export files of this type (remember, not all users of Tickstory are necessarily using MT4).

Regards.
Tickstory needs to enable the user to designate a DEFAULT export folder. Currently, with no absolute path, TickStory designates the INSTALLATION folder as the default export folder. I was saying that the same home folder that dukascopy data is stored should be the default folder. But this would be solved by giving user the choice to designate the export folder.

4EverMaAT

Post by 4EverMaAT »

Since I am here, I wanted to update that your suggestion is correct: I can manually designate the export folder by copying the folder's complete path and adding it to the symbol output filename. Then the next time I run the 'export to file' feature, it remembers the last settings used. Works ok for now, although I still say a default folder would be good idea as well when there is no specific path used.