Us30 shift + save settings

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
Pascal

Us30 shift + save settings

Post by Pascal »

Hello,

Is it possible to save the options for the « export » to mt4 or mt5 ?

We have to parameter it each time we want to export so it can result in mistakes.

Other question: US30 prices are not the same depending of brokers. It could have about 20 to 100 points difference between data downloaded and our broker.

Is it possible to add the missing points to each tick automatically ?

Thank you

tickstory

Re: Us30 shift + save settings

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pascal,

The system doesn't currently save the parameters of the export, however it is possible to select and export multiple symbols at once. When you do this, all the same settings will be applied to each export (except for Symbol properties which can be customized per symbol if required).

You can adjust the fixed spread of your test by setting the "Spread" field in the MT4 Strategy Tester.

If you are using our Advanced Tester (currently in beta), you can do more advanced testing with variable spreads. Start by exporting data from Tickstory with the "Embed variable spread" check-box. This check-box also allows you to add an additional spread points to your exported data.

Once you have exported data with variable spread embedded, you can use the Advanced Tester to test with the variable spread (Select "Enable variable spread" and then "Use embedded spread" in the AT). For more detailed information, you can consult the AT manual (the link to the manual will be sent to you upon registration of the beta).

Hope this helps.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Thank you.

I was not talking about spread.

I was speaking about Dow Jones US30 prices which are different. Open tradingview and look for DJ30/US30 on eightcap, vantage, oanda. You will understand what I mean.
Last edited by Pascal on Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pascal,

You can adjust prices in the "File Export" function if you wish by adding an amount to each price. For example, the following custom data format will add 0.002 to the price:

Code: Select all

{BarBeginTime:yyyyMMdd},{BarBeginTime:HH:mm},{Open+0.002},{High+0.002},{Low+0.002},{Close+0.002},{Volume:F0}
I'm not sure of the intent when adding a set number to the price as the spread will of course remain the same and therefore shouldn't impact your strategy (unless of course your strategy was dependent on a specific price range).

Hope this helps.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Thank you I will try with the tick export for mt5