Batch Processing

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
ereto

Batch Processing

Post by ereto »

Hi, it would be a nice feature if we could save and execute a batch processing, in order to do same downloads every day (loading config mt4 files, and dates, and everything...). Just that to be perfect!
Thank you very much!.

tickstory

Re: Batch Processing

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ereto,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are working on automatically updating the MT4 databases with the latest data. Is this something that will satisfy your needs or are you talking about something else?

Thanks.

ereto

Post by ereto »

Thanks for your answer. Mmm I don't know if we are talking about the same. You say automatic updates but what if Í just need (for instance) 2 months of EURUSD and not all Historical Data.
I would like to configure download dates (historical data), MT4 config file for this pair, and everything else. Then do the same with 4 or 5 pairs and finally save all this work as a kind of batch processing file. This way, next time I just only load this file and I don't need to configure all over again.
Does it make sense to you?
Thank You!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ereto,

Thanks for the further information. We're thinking that this may be handled by the API we are working on. We've put a note about your request on our list for further investigation to see if we can capture your requirement as a part of this.
It wouldn't be exactly as you describe (i.e. with a config file) but with an API this would allow more flexibility in allowing others to do variations of what you describe.

Thank you.