Translation / Language

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
gigabrainy

Translation / Language

Post by gigabrainy »

Hello to all.
First I have to say THANKS for TickStory: it's a GREAT TOOL!

I'm italian, and I have to say that the italian translation is very bad.
About this, I have to say that it could be useful have the possibility to CHOOSE the language...
beacuse the language is automatic (in my case it's italian), but its' very very bad translated... so I prefer read english!!

If you need help to make a better italian translation... I can help! ;)

Regards.

tickstory

Re: Translation / Language

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gigabrainy,

Thanks for your feedback . Apologies for the translation - we are currently reliant on our users to give us feedback to improve.
We will add the possible enhancement of selecting a preferred language from within the application, however even better we will contact you shortly about your offer to assist.
Until then, it is possible to select the language from the Windows regional settings to select 'the 'English'.

Kind regards.

Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Hi,

I downloaded Tickstory yesterday, and I'm impressed - it's a great tool.
But the translation could be better.
Thus I had the same idea as Gigabrainy.

If you need someone for german translation ... :-)

KR

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for the offer, Ralf. We are currently getting assistance for brushing up the German version but will definitely contact you if the need arises!

Regards.

Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Congrats to your "assistance" :-)

KR

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for the feedback, Ralf - all credit to PipDigga for his German expertise ;)

Costalomo

Post by Costalomo »

I am also interested in the improvement relating the choice of language directly from within the software of Tickstory. My first language is Spanish and I must say that the spanish translation is misleading in many points. It has simply no sense to "translate" technical terms as "Swap long" and "Swap short". Nobody interested in Forex needs a translation of these terms and similars. In fact, the supposed Spanish translation offered for these terms is not understandable for a spanish trader. "Swap short" is not the same as "Intercambia resumen" nor "Swap long" means "Intercambia largo".
I think you should not update the language automatically when doing the updates of the software. This was my case. I was very happy with my English version and got the Spanish translation with the last update of Tickstory. I hope that I can revert this situation soon.
Thanks for this very useful tool and keep improving it!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Costalomo,

Thanks for your feedback. We would definitely appreciate if you are able to refine the Spanish translations for us. If you can PM us your details we can send the translation information to you.

In the mean-time, it is possible to delete the "es" directory in the Tickstory installation folder if you wish to disable the Spanish translations until they are updated.

Kind regards.

moralproxy

Post by moralproxy »

To set english just delete all additional language folders and it will be english :)