Details to download the time series correctly

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
Nico2019

Details to download the time series correctly

Post by Nico2019 »

Good morning everyone, I write in this forum because I have a problem with Tickstory.
I use the MT4 version 4.00 build 1170, and my Broker is Pepperstone, it happens that when I unload the historical data series Tick story doesn't recognize me the Broker Pepperstone and therefore I am obliged to leave the generic configuration for a broker that uses quotes to 5 decimals.
Another problem that I can't find a solution is to understand which time zone I have to put in order to download the data, that of my server that I find on the MT4 or which one?
Thanks for your cooperation.

tickstory

Re: Details to download the time series correctly

Post by tickstory »

Hi Nico,

Do you have more information on how Tickstory "doesn't recognize" the Pepperstone broker?

Also, with regard to time-zones the best answer to this can be found in our FAQ here: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... time-zones. According to Google, Pepperstone's time-zone is "5pm New York time":
The Pepperstone rollover occurs at 23:59 - 00:01 MT4 Server Time. Pepperstone bases MT4 Server time on “5pm New York”, the internationally recognised end-of-day in the forex markets and is currently set at GMT +2 Hours.
Tickstory supports this time-zone if you wish to use it.

Thanks.