Download additional symbols?

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
wincent

Download additional symbols?

Post by wincent »

Hi,

Just became your customer yesterday. Here are some missing features/Wish-list for TickStory:

1. The ability to add new symbols
Dukascopy actually provides wider range of symbols besides the symbols already listed in TickStory. For example, I'm interested in Natural Gas, but TickStory default list doesn't come with it, but Dukascopy does have it in their database.

I'm also interested in trading some other commodities such as Soybean, Corn, Wheat, Coffee, etc. We can trade these commodities on some brokers' platform such as Oanda.

2. Automatically recognize the the earliest date.
That means I can start downloading the earliest data without having to see those "tick data missing" errors.

Thanks!

tickstory

Re: Download additional symbols?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Wincent,

Many thanks for the suggestions:

1) Thanks for the heads up on this one. We've added this on our todo as a high priority item and hope to have this in our next release.
2) We've reviewed this one before - the reason why it's not currently in there is that Dukascopy has sometimes been updating (extending) the dates available across various symbols. As such, we are trying to keep this link up to date with the current status: https://tickstory.com/dukascopy-histori ... te-ranges/

Thanks again.