Couple of suggestions

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
tickstory

Re: Couple of suggestions

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the additional feedback. These items will be looked into. To respond to somenof your points:

- The date format displayed in the date selection is based on your Windows regional settings (i.e the "short date" format). If you want to make any changes here all you should need to do is change these settings.

- The time-zone selected is GMT-0 (as you noted). The naming for each of the time-zones is sourced from the Windows O/S. XP has a bit of an antiquated naming scheme as you mention. Windows 7 users are presented with a more current naming convention which refers to it more correctly as "UTC".

Hope this helps!

Tom

Post by Tom »

- Wrong. My country's date format is NOT english (dd/mm/yyyy). It is yyyy.mm.dd, yet Tickstory's download date is presented in dd/mm/yyyy, so the solution is NOT changing my windows regional settings.

- I am using Windows 7 currently. In Tickstory it is showing UTC Monrovia, Reyjavík, which is GMT+0, that's why I'm telling it might be confusing for some.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tom,

It appears you might be referring to the "Download" date selection screen in which case this item will be addressed. The other export dialogs should be correctly utilising your Windows settings.

As for the wording of GMT, from what you're saying it appears that there are some other variables within Windows that determine how this is named. Either way, there is unfortunately no scope to change this within Tickstory.

Regards.