Dukascopy historical datafeed for German stocks

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
Bob

Dukascopy historical datafeed for German stocks

Post by Bob »

Dear all,

I was wondering why Tickstory provides all currencies, commodities and indices from the Dukascopy website but not the German Stocks that are also available within their historical datafeed.
Are there any specific reasosn why this data is not yet available on tickstory.com? Including the 34 stocks of the German Stock Index into your portfolio would be great and much appreciated.

Thank you for your support and best regards,
Bob

tickstory

Re: Dukascopy historical datafeed for German stocks

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. We've put this on our list to investigate and will update you when we know more.

Regards.

MarcoMarco

Post by MarcoMarco »

+1

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Bob & MarcoMarco,

We've scheduled this change for the next release of Tickstory.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi there,

This has just been released into v1.8.4,

Happy back-testing ;)

lvelho

Post by lvelho »

Hi,

I´d like to know if the change to the datafeed.dukascopy.com introduced by version 1.8.4 brings any by side advantage to the currency pairs historical datafiles.

I've downloaded multiyear currency pairs historical datafiles using previous versions from Tickstory that I've been working with and I would like to know if there is any advantage (or disadvantage) to download them again, now that a different feed at Dukascopy is used.

Is the difference only related with the German stocks and indices or it affects anyhow the currency pairs historical downloads ?

thanks and
best regards,

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lvelho,

The servername change should not affect any data that has already been downloaded. The server name change is to ensure that it utilises the correct Dukascopy servers when downloading data as opposed to the old domain could be obsolesced in the future.

Regards.