I want 50 years of simulated H4 data for GBPSGD

Have some interesting ideas about how to improve the software? Let us know in this section!
VictorE

I want 50 years of simulated H4 data for GBPSGD

Post by VictorE »

I want 50 years of simulated H4 data for GBPSGD. Of course, it doesn't have to go back to the 1900's. I just want a computer generated set of simulated H4 data using patterns similar to the last 5-10 years, but over a 50 year period.

The reason is that I am testing an EA which makes 1-2 trades per year, and to get enough data to verify its performance, I need 50 years of H4 data. Can you suggest a solution?

If I get the H4.fxt file, I could make it read-only and set the MT4 strategy tester dates to 1966 forward, and at least that would let me run the tests.

I don't want real historical data, because the old data is too different, and I want something more based on recent trends. Computer generated H4 data using variations of recent H4 data would solve the issue.

tickstory

Re: I want 50 years of simulated H4 data for GBPSGD

Post by tickstory »

Hi Victor,

I'm not sure there is a simple solution to your requirement as it will depend alot on how your EA works. If all you are after is data, then why don't you just test it on a M1 timeframe? If ithe EA dependent on dates and/or trends then you may perhaps just generate a random year from your dataset and "paste" them together to get a string of 50 years of data. Unfortunately Tickstory doesn't support this sort of export at the moment, so you would need to do this in say a spreadsheet and then load it via the MT4 'Import' function.

Hope this helps.