TestGenerator FXT cannot open [5]

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickstory

Re: TestGenerator FXT cannot open [5]

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sunnybeach,

Can you please confirm that the same error number "[5]" is being reported or is it some other error number? Different numbers denote different reasons for the "cannot open" error. Have you tried any other terminal other than IC Markets? We'll see if we can reproduce the problem with the information you've given so far.

Thanks.

Sunnybeach

Post by Sunnybeach »

It has the sam error number "[5]" for cannot open.
I have not tried terminal other than IC markets. But it works with same version some weeks ago.!

Sunnybeach

Post by Sunnybeach »

Hi,

I found the problem. It is interest time!
If it is 23, it cause the problem(But I have not tried others like 22,21..). It is OK after I change it to 0(I have not tried others like 1,2..).
001.PNG
Regard!
Sunnybeach

jupitrader

Post by jupitrader »

tickstory wrote:Hi Jupitrader,

At this stage is seems that this problem only occurs on specific brokers and sometimes only when using a particular time-frame. Can you please let us know the broker you are using along with whether the issue is resolved when you change to a difference time-frame?

Thanks.

Hello,

I find the same problem , whatever the timeframe over a period of one year. My broker is JFD . I have launched the platform since tickstory ; I stopped and restarted tickstory but nothing works. Below screen copy of my journal and my MT4 settings tickstory on the dax .
Pending read you , thank you .
Capture exportation paramètres DAX.PNG
Attachments
Capture journal mt4.PNG

jupitrader

Post by jupitrader »

Hello,

I set to "0" but it does not work for me.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sunnybeach,

Thanks for getting back with your solution. Seems like this error is a result of some basic checks on the file. The parameter you mention is "Swap roll-over" and by default it should be 3 days. Perhaps a typo at some stage put in this number as it shouldn't have been generated from MT4.
This information should prove useful to others to ensure that valid information is in their MT4 settings otherwise this error will likely be generated.

Thanks again!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jupitrader,

Here are a summary of trouble-shooting steps that we know of so far:

1) Make sure you have the correct MT4 Settings in your FXT file by using the method described here:
http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809
This includes making sure that your "Map to" symbol is *exactly* as it appears in MT4 - including the correct case.
2) Make sure you have exported more than 100 bars for the timeframe you are working in (for eg. if you are working in the daily timeframe, export more than 100 days of data).
3) While trouble-shooting this error, make sure you don't have more than 4GB FXT files (you may try go beyond this once you have resolved the issue, but do note that MT4 does not always handle >4GB FXTs very well).

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thanks.

vj_kc

Post by vj_kc »

Just one another slight problem., i did created FXT files for Gold and it was working in the backtest when i did that same for GBP/JPY i am getting this problem, the tester says "GBPJPY_0.fxt cannot open [5]" i hope you can look into that.

Can you suggest what seems to be the problem .?

Problem still persists with GBP/AUD .

One thing i noticed with processing the data for Gold., that while running the script it also reported some error messages for data gap., unlikely for the GBP/AUD and GBP/JPY..

And at the end the back-test completed smoothly., please suggest a way out.

I am attaching the images for error messages for GBPAUD and GBPJPY please review it.

As there was no problem with Gold then i believe there is no problem in my CSV2FXT script.

Suggest a way out ASAP !
Attachments
Error image for GBP/JPY
Error image for GBP/JPY
Error image for GBP/AUD
Error image for GBP/AUD

Thilo1979

Post by Thilo1979 »

I have got the same issue like the others - but maybe I have got a (strang) solution.
I exported the ticks like described, what means I exported them the way I always did.
New things are the new tickstory version 1.81 and the new MT4 (build 971). After starting the MT4 with Tickstory and trying to make a backtest on the data (GER30), I get the error "cannot open ... [5].
I tried new exports several times, but it stayed the same. I closed Tickstory after MT4 had loaded and before starting the BT, but that did not change anything. I changed the swap rollover to different values without any effect.

There are two things to mention: when I open the exported FXT-File with the FXT Editor, there are commas instead of points - in the MT4-config-file I used to export the ticks I wrote points.

Second thing: when I start MT4 directly without using the button in Tickstory, the tester works. With older versions of Tickstory it was the other way around - the tester did not work, when I had started MT4 with windows -> start -> MT4, but it worked when MT4 was started with the Tickstory-button.

What is happening? Will I get reliable results by that? What exactly is different between the two ways of starting MT4 for backtesting?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Thilo,

Appreciate if you can give a screenshot of what you're seeing in the FXT editor. The values that are displayed there are based on your Windows regional settings. Are you saying that you have resolved your error or still having a problem? Note there is no new funtionality in Tickstory v1.8.x that would cause any different behaviour to previous versions (although it is possible that something has changed in MT4).
Just briefly on your other questions (we'd like to keep this thread on-topic for the "Cannot open" error), you need to ensure you are getting 99% modelling quality and to do this, you need to launch with Tickstory.

Thanks.