TestGenerator FXT cannot open [5]

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
keleshia

Re: TestGenerator FXT cannot open [5]

Post by keleshia »

Hi there, i have the same issue, tried it on EURUSD H1 and says the same issue. Other timeframes are fine. Previously H4 has the same issue too but i re-export again..
but i would like to solve this issue instead of re-exporting again and again.

Help? I can't find the issue since i have already done the correct mt4config, and it works fine on other timeframes.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Keleshia,

Are you making sure that you are exporting at least 100 bars of data? That is, if you are working in the H1 timeframe, you need to ensure that you export at least 100 hours. Daily timeframe, 100 days and so forth.
If you are continuing to have issues, please give us the broker terminal (including download link), the instrument and the full export settings you are using and we will try to identify the issue.

Thanks.

keleshia

Post by keleshia »

how do i ensure it has at least 100 bars of data?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi - just make sure you export at least 6 months of data each time.

keleshia

Post by keleshia »

Yes, i did, i have for example 2014.01.01 to 2016.07.26 and did the export

and then, i did another export next few days from 2016.07.27 to 2016.07.28

I dont think that should be the cause of it, right?

Additionally, is there anyway to know what data date range I have exported to my MT4 Folder for the pairs?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

If you are exporting twice to the same location, it will only export the last used date range. The export is not incrementally updated. You can check to see what date ranges you have exported by either opening the chart in MT4, or you can also use the "MT4 Data (FXT) editor" in Tickstory by opening the FXT file. It will then give you information in the top-right about what date ranges are contained within.
Hope this helps.

jupitrader

Post by jupitrader »

tickstory wrote:Hi Jupitrader,

Yes, we assisted Claudio solve this problem. As mentioned in our previous message, we were able to perform the exact steps described above and then save a .mt4config setting that worked fine when Claudio imported it. Please be reminded that this is an MT4 error that usually denotes that the exported instrument information is incorrect. If you require further assistance, please let us know the broker you are using (including the mt4 download link) and the symbol you are using.

Thanks.

Hello, my broker is JFD BROKERS; I give you the same screenshot of the last time (02 april 2016).
Capture exportation paramètres DAX.PNG
Capture exportation paramètres DAX.PNG
I hope you may help me.

Thank you.
Attachments
Capture journal mt4.PNG

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jupitrader,

We've downloaded the broker terminal from JFD Brokers and generated an .mt4config file (attached) by using the steps mentioned in the previous posts. To use it:

1) Download the attached .mt4config file.
2) From Tickstory, select DEUIDXEUR for export. Make sure you select at least 6 months for export.
3) In the "MT4 settings" tab, select "Load" and choose the .mt4config file you saved.
4) Ensure you set the "Map To" field to your MT4 symbol name. That is, ".DE30Cash".
5) Begin the export.

Your back-test should work with these settings.

Thanks.
P. S. It does not appear you have generated your settings correctly in your screenshots above. We will try to clarify the steps in the "Getting correct MT4 settings for Symbol" thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809) so if you need to do this for another broker and/or symbol in the future, you hopefully wont run into trouble).
Attachments
JFDBroker.mt4config
(44.75 KiB) Downloaded 693 times

jupitrader

Post by jupitrader »

Hello Tickstory and bravo.
I just upload your file and everything works fine. I'm 99.99 % modeling quality on the DAX .
Thank you very much and sorry for being harsh on my last review but I was beginning to despair .
I don't know where did the error but if I find it, I will give the answer to help subscribers.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jupitrader - many thanks for letting us know everything is working. We're always 100% committed to making sure users are not left alone if they're having issues. If you can't find a suitable answer your question on the forum, please don't hesitate to ask for assistance and we'll do our best to try resolve it!

Kind regards.