Tester doesn't work since Update of MT4 to Build 920

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Spronk

Tester doesn't work since Update of MT4 to Build 920

Post by Spronk »

Hi,

since the Update of MT4 to Build 920 the Tester doesn't work.
I've exported the tick data via Tickstory Lite 1.7.2.0 and opened MT4 as usual. After starting the Tester, it freezes and can only be cancelled by terminating the whole MT4 application.

Unfortunatly, there is no log, that i can provide you with. Also the Journal doesn't show anything.

Update: Before posting this, i gave it another try - deleted all data files and exported them again. After starting the MT4 there were no symbols to choose in the Tester... I've tried this two times with the same result.
Short Update: After setting up the MT4 again, Symbols can be chosen now, but Tester still Freezes after starting it...

Do you have any advice for me?

best regards

tickstory

Re: Tester doesn't work since Update of MT4 to Build 920

Post by tickstory »

Hi Spronk,

We've confirmed that the launcher is not working for the latest MT4 Build 920 (although it does not cause any crash - the launcher simply displays a launch error message). We are working on an update which we hope to have out as soon as possible.

Until then, you will need to revert your build to the last supported version 910 which you can download at the link below.

We will update this thread when we have further information.

Thanks.

http://tickstory.com/files/Metatrader.update.910.zip

swordfish

Post by swordfish »

I am still using MT4 Build 910 launched from Tickstory Lite. I exported data but cannot see the symbols for the exported data in Strategy Tester.
Tickstory Lite 1.7.2.0

KirBiz

Post by KirBiz »

Hi
Downloaded files by link but when launch by tickstory - MT4 updates itself to 920 build. I Use it on VPS
Any suggestions?

Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi -

Swordfish, The symbol must already exist in MT4 Strategy Tester. If a symbol does not exist, you will need to use the "Maps to" feature (see manual or this forum for more).

KirBiz, in Tickstory, go to File->Settings->MT4 Settings and put the text "/skipupdates" (without quotes) in the command-line parameter box. This should suppress the updates.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi - we've confirmed the behaviour you mentioned, Spronk, where the terminal exits. We are working on a fix and will update this thread when it's available.

Thanks.

JohnMcbryan

Post by JohnMcbryan »

Sorry, i tried to insert " in Tickstory, go to File->Settings->MT4 Settings and put the text "/skipupdates" (without quotes) in the command-line parameter box" as you said.

But nothing happen. I lunch the Tester and MT4 closes again.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi JohnM - The /skipupdate instruction was for KirBiz to ensure that the MT4 terminal does not update to Build 920.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

The latest version v1.7.3 that supports Build 920 is now available to all registered users. To get the latest version, please use the original download link you were emailed when you purchased. If the link is unavailable, please send us an email wih your order ID and we will reactivate it for you.

For further information about what's new in this release, please go to:

http://tickstory.com/articles/tickstory ... -released/

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

Please note that you will need to regenerate all your MT4 Exported data as a result of changes in the recent 920 Build. If you do not do this, you will likely run into issues.

Thanks.