error cant download tick

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
dynandcr7

error cant download tick

Post by dynandcr7 »

hello
i have purchase tickstory last week,i have put my licence code on tickstory and i have make the folder data can access by tickstory (run as administrator and make the folder shared) but why i cant still download the tick? please tell me,how to fix this? thanks
TSbug1.png

tickstory

Re: error cant download tick

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dynandcr7,

The error is reporting that a particular hour failed to download for some reason. This usually caused by an internet connection glitch and if you try to download the same date range again you should find there is no longer an error.
We have downloaded the date range mentioned in your error and confirmed there is no issue with the data itself coming from Dukascopy.

Hope this helps.

dynandcr7

Post by dynandcr7 »

tickstory wrote:Hi Dynandcr7,

The error is reporting that a particular hour failed to download for some reason. This usually caused by an internet connection glitch and if you try to download the same date range again you should find there is no longer an error.
We have downloaded the date range mentioned in your error and confirmed there is no issue with the data itself coming from Dukascopy.

Hope this helps.
So,what must i do next?i want to start using tickstory to backtest my EA

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dynandcr7,

Did you try downloading the same date range as we suggested? If you no further errors appear you are good to start back-testing. Simply re-export and then start your tests.

Regards.

dynandcr7

Post by dynandcr7 »

Did you try downloading the same date range as we suggested? If you no further errors appear you are good to start back-testing. Simply re-export and then start your tests.

Regards.

Its still error my buddy :( im using tickstory version 1.7.2 and im using windows 8, maybe can i get tickstory version 1.6 ?

dynandcr7

Post by dynandcr7 »

Now if i open mt4 it cant backtest because theres no tick :(

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dynandcr7,

There have been no changes to this code between v1.6 and v1.7.2 so rolling back is unlikely to help. The error relates to a corrupted data file. Can you please manually delete the file C:\Users\DYNAND\Documents\TickData\EURUSD\2015\03\23\00h_ticks.bi5 and try it again. It could be Windows locking it and refusing to release the lock in which case, try renaming it to .bak instead. I assume that this is the only file that is mentioned in the error log?
We have attached the file in question and in the worst case that you continue to get the error after downloading this file again (i.e. 23rd April 2015, 00 hrs) you can manually copy this file into the folder location mentioned above.

Hope this resolves the issue!
Attachments

[The extension bi5 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

dynandcr7

Post by dynandcr7 »

There have been no changes to this code between v1.6 and v1.7.2 so rolling back is unlikely to help. The error relates to a corrupted data file. Can you please manually delete the file C:\Users\DYNAND\Documents\TickData\EURUSD\2015\03\23\00h_ticks.bi5 and try it again. It could be Windows locking it and refusing to release the lock in which case, try renaming it to .bak instead. I assume that this is the only file that is mentioned in the error log?
We have attached the file in question and in the worst case that you continue to get the error after downloading this file again (i.e. 23rd April 2015, 00 hrs) you can manually copy this file into the folder location mentioned above.

Hope this resolves the issue!
i have try it and it still eror,
im very confused why it still error...
when im using version 1.5 (free version) it can download but i cant launch the mt4 (because it is free version and the tickstory version is not support the new mt4)
any suggestion?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Dynancr7,

Are you able to zip of the folder C:\Users\DYNAND\Documents\TickData\EURUSD\2015\03\23 and attach it here so we can check it out? Do you have another computer which you can try it on?

Thanks.

dynandcr7

Post by dynandcr7 »

tickstory wrote:Hi Dynancr7,

Are you able to zip of the folder C:\Users\DYNAND\Documents\TickData\EURUSD\2015\03\23 and attach it here so we can check it out? Do you have another computer which you can try it on?

Thanks.
tickstory give me licensed code that i can activate to 2 computer right?if i already use this on 1 computer but i unisntall (not use the tickstory on the same pc) is that mean i still have 2 activation? so i can try to another computer