CSV File Export

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
mickaswah

CSV File Export

Post by mickaswah »

HI,

I have an issue exporting to file. It won't produce a cvs file, only tick.bi5 files.

I am definitely using the export to file function, not download.

What could be the issue.Does it then need to be converted to a cvs through another process after the export successfully completes?

Thanks

tickstory

Re: CSV File Export

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mickaswah,

Please check out our video on exporting CSV data and let us know if this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlGoGvshKZw

Make sure you are specifying a full pathname (eg. c:\users\tickstory\documents\EURUSD.csv) and the text-based file will exist in this location.

Regards.

Regards.

Kirchberg

Post by Kirchberg »

In tickstory light 1.6 Export to a the given file did not run. The following message appeared:" Export ist fehlgeschlagen. Der Zugriff auf den Pfad... csv wurde verweigert. Please help me how to proceed.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kirchberg,

Your error message translates to "access to the path denied". This means you have specified an export location which Windows will not let you write to. As mentioned above, make sure you have specified a full pathname that you have access to such as the "Documents" folder (eg. c:\users\(youusername)\documents\EURUSD.csv).

Thanks.

trio

Post by trio »

I have the same problem that tickstory won't export to csv, but bi5 instead.
I used tickstory 1 year ago. export to file function worked.
I watched the youtube video, which didn't help much.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trio,

If you are seeing .bi5 files, you are looking in the incorrect folder for your exported file. When you export, make sure you specify the full pathname of where you wish to output the exported file (eg. c:\users\tickstory\documents\{symbol}.csv). Then, after your export, browse to that folder location in Windows explorer (eg. c:\users\tickstory\documents) and you will see a file named "EURUSD.csv" (or whatever symbol you exported).

Hope this helps.