Error 131 and 4 digit/5 digit issue

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Mr Squiggle

Error 131 and 4 digit/5 digit issue

Post by Mr Squiggle »

I have had similar issues.

MT4 Version 880
I did a clean install of MT4 to a non 'program files' folder
I started MT4 and did not logon to an account.
I then closed MT4, it creates a History folder named "FxPro.com-Demo04FixedSpread". This is a 4 digit Demo Account.

I used the EA to create a config file for my Broker. It shows 5 digit.
I use tickstory to export the data to the new MT4 account using the config file.
I start MT4 using Tickstory

I select 'Symbol Properties' in Strategy Tester and it shows 4 digit.
I use the MT4 Data Editor in Tickstory and it show 5 digit.

So I get the symbols.raw file from my Broker Pepperstone History Folder from another MT4 install and copy into "FxPro.com-Demo04FixedSpread" History folder, after restarting MT4 it shows 5 digit now.
But then I started to get 131 errors in the Journal when I run the EA, I try lots of 0.01, 0.1 and 1.0, same isssue.

So I close MT4, delete "FxPro.com-Demo04FixedSpread" folder and open/close MT4 (without logging on) to recreate folder and finally reopen MT4.
The EA runs again but shows 4 digit again.
There is only a symbols.sel file in the folder.

Is v880 the issue or something else.

I tried a default config file and it shows 5 digit but MT symbol properties show 4 digit
Tickstory FX editor screenshot
Tickstory FX editor screenshot
MT4 Symbol properties
MT4 Symbol properties

tickstory

Re: Error 131 and 4 digit/5 digit issue

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mr Squiggle,

The TickstoryInfoExpert EA provides some debugging information, so that may assist when trying to figure why you are getting 5 digits instead of 4. You can of course edit the settings manually and then save them as default.

Regarding your Error 131, it certainly seems like the recent Build 880 is causing people issues. As you may know, we are collating information on this thread to see if there is a solution:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=799

Regards.

Mr Squiggle

Post by Mr Squiggle »

Hi,
It is the otherway around. I am getting 4 digits instead of 5.
By default it 4 digits.
I used my config file from my broker and tried your Mt4.FactoryDefault.mt4config file. (see first picture)
I export using this and 'Symbol Properties' in Strategy Tester and shows 4 digit.
Even if I use Tickstory FX Editor it says 5 digits and I resave the file and 'Symbol Properties' in Strategy Tester and shows 4 digit.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

The "Symbol properties" button will always show you the broker settings for the MT4 terminal. If you would like to see what "Digits" value the Strategy Tester is using, it will be the value embedded within the FXT file (which can be viewed with the FXT Editor).

Hope this answers your question.

Mr Squiggle

Post by Mr Squiggle »

Ok thanks, I understand now.