Time Shift and Chart Time Issues

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
jollydragon

Time Shift and Chart Time Issues

Post by jollydragon »

1. The forex trading time is Sunday 21:00 GMT-Friday 21:00 GMT.
Why is the time Monday 0:00-Friday 21:00 in MT4 chart after exporting data with GMT+2, DST checked?
It should be Monday 0:00-Saturday 0:00 with GMT+3 now. Correct?
What is the time zone of DukasCopy history data?
2. Exported 2-year data and can see the complete bars of 2-year after the first times of testing.
Now, only can see 1 later year bars after testing. What's wrong and how to fix?
Last edited by jollydragon on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Re: Time Shift and Chart Time Issues

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jollydragon,

Please provide full details of your issue:

1. What time-zone have you selected exactly? Different countries apply many different DST time-shifts. These are all visible in when you press the "i" button next to the time-zone selection. Have you taken the time to read existing threads like this: http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 417&p=1768.

2. It is not clear what the issue is. Please provide more information such as screenshots and full details of details of what the problem is and how to reproduce it.

Thanks.

jollydragon

Post by jollydragon »

tickstory wrote:Hi Jollydragon, ....
2. It is not clear what the issue is. Please provide more information such as screenshots and full details of details of what the problem is and how to reproduce it.
Please refer to the screenshot below, I downloaded 2-year data. It seems ok for back testing. However, when I opened the chart after testing, the beginning time wasn't the one my downloading starts, but almost 1 year later as the lowest screenshot below. I'm confused what causes this issue and how to fix?
I mainly use M5 and you can see the bars in M5. I downloaded and exported to MT4 again and the issue is still there.
Period.png
Period.png (9.85 KiB) Viewed 13052 times
chart.png
chart.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 13052 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi - Are you connected to your broker? If so, it may be back-filling the charts automatically and overwriting your data.

jollydragon

Post by jollydragon »

tickstory wrote:Hi - Are you connected to your broker? If so, it may be back-filling the charts automatically and overwriting your data.
Now I suddenly remember I connected the MT4 to the broker once very shortly just to get the complete symbol list. But not sure if the problem was there already before the connecting.
Anyway, why does the back test look fine, but the testing chart has problem? Or the back test was impacted already in fact?
Now that re-downloading and re-exporting didn't work, what should I do to fix the issue? Looking forward to your urgent help! Thank you.

jollydragon

Post by jollydragon »

Dear TickStory,

Please refer to my comment updated above.