TickInfoExpert

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
SWhite

Re: TickInfoExpert

Post by SWhite »

Hi, After a successful run of the ea it tells me that the file has been written although I have no luck with finding the written *.mtconfig file on my pc.
I have tried many brokers/versions of mt4 including the recomended builds suggested here. I am running win8 pro 64bit (x86).

I am having great results with all other aspects of the software and I thank you very much for your efforts with the site.

Shannon.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Shannon,

Have you checked the 'Journal' tab to make sure there are errors being raised and that the script is actually running? It should also tell you the output filename.

Thanks.

SWhite

Post by SWhite »

Yes it runs through everything in the journal ok (Script StimulateTickAll EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully)
Also the experts tab (TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,M1: Finished writing config file: Mt4.IBFX Australia Pty Ltd.Server.mt4config)

As stated above I have tried several brokers to no avail.
Maybe a win8 issue...

Maybe a link to a broker or build you know works on win8 will save us time.

Thanks again,

SW

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi SWhite,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We're hoping you resolved the issue in the end? There is no specific build we can offer you that shouldn't already work for you. If the file does not exist, we can't immediately think of any reason except for file virtualization that must be causing this.

Regards.

konkaran

Post by konkaran »

Hello tickstory.
Is there finally a way to solve this issue:
"15:38:56 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,H1: initialized
15:38:57 TickstoryInfoExpert: invalid filename for FileOpen function
15:38:57 TickstoryInfoExpert EURUSD,H1: Error - could not open file Mt4.Triple A Investment Services S.A..Server.mt4config for writing. Ensure permissions have been granted."
I tried to specify the name of file at inputs of EA, i used different ways (without dots), but no result.
I have MT4 build 509 and run a demo account there.
Thank you.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Konkaran,

I would be checking to see if you do in-fact have permissions to write to the file. Perhaps try running the application as administrator to see if that solves the issue.

Hope this helps.

emmarita

Post by emmarita »

Hi there,
I have a new demo account that I am setting up for backtesting. I attached the TickstoryInfoExpert to one of the active charts and ran it, but the journal reports the following warnings for all of the symbols... "Warning: Digits for symbol XXXXXX was zero. Maybe your broker does not support this symbol. (Or you need to specify a symbol suffix?) Assuming XX digits. "
There are similar warnings concerning "point"and "spread". I did specify a symbol suffix and a ConfigFileName...
And I am getting data feed from the broker...
Any ideas why it might not be working properly?
Thanks!!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Emmarita,

First thing to check is which symbols you are getting a warning for. There are many symbols that Dukascopy supports which aren't always available at other brokers - you will get the warning message for these symbols and you should not be concerned.

Obviously all major pairs should show up correctly (assuming your broker supports them all!). You can check to make sure all the major pairs have correct spread values (etc) by loading the config file into Tickstory and then viewing the details. If you do not have correct values (eg. spread=0), there is some sort of mismatch between the symbol that Tickstory is querying and the actual symbol name used by your broker and you will need to make sure this is resolved by adjusting the 'Suffix' parameter accordingly.

Hope this helps.

emmarita

Post by emmarita »

Thanks for that,
It worked when I left the suffix blank...
Cheers!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear it works!

Regards.