HST files overwritten despite "Generate HST-file" is clear

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Naddmr

HST files overwritten despite "Generate HST-file" is clear

Post by Naddmr »

Hi folks,

you did a pretty fine job making TickStory.
So thiss issue is just a minor one - as expected from a 1.5.2 release. :)

If you export into FXT-files and do not need new HST files (e.g. because they cover a longer history) then the existing HST files are overwritten and new HST files are generated despite the checkbox "Generate HST-files" is unchecked. That was pretty unexpected to me :lol:

I worked around this issue by pasting an empty directory into the HST file target folder textfield but it would be nice when Tickstory 1.5.3 ;-) honored the "Generate HST-files" checkbox. I assume that it also saves a bit time if unneded HST files are not generated.

Another thing which is merely a comfort thing than an issue is, that I have to check/uncheck/enter all the same settings on each export in the "Export into MT4" dialog. I thought it would be great if the dialog remembered the settings of the last MT4-export and if the next export in the currently running session would take the same settings again.

Anyway - Tickstory is fine and thanks to you guys again.

Naddmr

tickstory

Re: HST files overwritten despite "Generate HST-file" is cle

Post by tickstory »

Hi Naddmr,

Thanks for your feedback and for raising the 'Generate HST' issue. We have confirmed that this is indeed an issue and will address it in a future version.
Regarding the 'remembering settings' feature, this will be addressed in the next major release of Tickstory.

Regards.

Naddmr

Re: HST files overwritten despite "Generate HST-file" is cle

Post by Naddmr »

Hi Mr. Tickstory,

this was quick. Thanks a lot for the fast reply.

Like said before: The "Remember-last-settings-thing" is more of a comfort thing than a real issue.

And for the creation of unneeded HST files I'm currently going the detour of pasting an empty writeable directory to keep my old ones untouched.

I already tried to write protect the HST folder, but then the export fails completely - which is to be expected from a clean error handling method. ;-)

Thanks again and have a nice and successful week ahead.

Naddmr