It does work with 99.9% but no trades were open

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
0GG0

It does work with 99.9% but no trades were open

Post by 0GG0 »

Hello, it does work, I imported the needed history (3 years), started testing, it showed 99.95 accuracy but it no trades were open. What am I doing wrong. MT4 build 725

tickstory

Re: It does work with 99.9% but no trades were open

Post by tickstory »

Hi - Have you tried back-testing with the "MACD Sample" EA to see if any trades were open? It is likely your EA is not triggering any trades for some reason such as spread too high. You'll need to check the EA logs for further details and narrow down which setting might be causing this.

Hope this helps.

0GG0

Post by 0GG0 »

Hello, I did check the MACD sample expert. First time just using MT4 - it did open some trades, next time using tickstory (as administrator)-mt4. I include the screenshots of the settings and results and the log file.
Thanks in advance
Attachments
Settings
Settings
Results
Results
20150316.log
LOG
(305.29 KiB) Downloaded 634 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi - that's a good sign that you are getting 99.9% back-test quality and the system is correctly opening trades. Now you have established this, you will need to trouble-shoot why your EA is not opening any. I would suggest tweaking parameters and checking the logs. If you have the source code then you can print debugging information to assist.

Hope this helps.

0GG0

Post by 0GG0 »

Well, sorry for been a nerd but how come the same expert does work on MT4 and does not in tickstory... The log file shows that. What does this text stand for? "EURUSD,H1: 0 tick events (3 bars, 5138 bar states) processed within 0 ms (total time 0 ms)"

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

The "3 bars" and zero tick events is suggesting that you have not exported a sufficient time period. Make sure you have exported enough data (at least 6 months) and try again. I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say it "works on MT4 and not Tickstory". If you are referring to the fact that the EA is working with MT4 data and not Tickstory's, then as mentioned, the two data sets are completely different. It could be that the spread you have exported with Tickstory is causing your EA not to trade.

Hope this helps.