Stopped working (does not start)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
autumnleaves

Stopped working (does not start)

Post by autumnleaves »

Tickstory does not start when launched. Error message "Tickstory has stopped working" and Windows checks for a solution (none found). Running Windows 7 Pro 64. A friend tried on another machine with same results.

tickstory

Re: Stopped working (does not start)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Autumnleaves,

THis issue typically occurs if you don't have Microsoft NET v3.5 installed. You may need to explicitly install this version (i.e. .NET 4.x will not be sufficient).

Hope this helps.

autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Thanks, will give it a try. However, I did do a check and the tool shows both 3.5 and 4.0 installed.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Please do check again - ensure it is .NET v3.5 SP2. Here is a thread from another user who had some difficulty with the .NET installation and a re-install fixed it:

http://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 445&p=2227

Regards.

autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Version 4.0.30319 is not good enough? Do I have to uninstall and/or rollback?

autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Installed SSCERuntime 32 and 64 bit versions, rebooted, but TS still doesn't work. Control Panel shows Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU and x64 ENU installed (version 3.5.8080.0).

autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Uninstalled and re-installed TS. Still no luck.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Autumnleaves,

MS SQL Server is not the product you are looking to install - it is Microsoft .NET v3.5. You can find the download from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download ... aspx?id=21

There should be no need to uninstall any software from your system. Just install the software from the link above and everything should work.

Thanks.

autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

Hi again. I have been away from the computer for a while, but have yet to resolve the problem, even after installing MS .NET 3.5 and reinstalling TS. Should I just give up, or might there be a clue in the error log file Windows generates?
Thanks

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Autumnleaves,

Could you provide the following:

1) A screenshot showing the error message you are getting when launching Tickstory.
2) A screenshot of the Windows .NET installation information (i.e. Control Panel -> Programs and Features).

Thanks.