No history data for EURUSDi1

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
thomas

No history data for EURUSDi1

Post by thomas »

Hi admin,

I have a problem with the latest version,I cannot make it backtest due to an error in the journal: "TestGenerator:No history data for EURUSDi1" MT4 build 445

I believe all the steps were performed properly:
1. Download data
2. Converting data from TickStory to MT4.
3. Make "read only" the FXT files.
4. Launch MT4 through TickStory and no connection to server.

What could be wrong?

Thanks a lot!

admin
Site Admin

Re: No history data for EURUSDi1

Post by admin »

Hi Thomas,

Since your MT4 broker is not using the standard "EURUSD" symbol name, you will need to tell Tickstory that it needs to be translated to "EURUSDi1" instead. You can do this by the following steps:

1. Select the EURUSD symbol, right-click and select Export to MT4.
2. Select the Metatrader Info tab and then select EURUSD symbol in the Symbol properties.
3. In the Maps To field, type EURUSDi1.
4. (Optional) Save these settings as your default.
5. Export your data and once the export is complete, your EURUSDi1 data should be available in the MT4 History Center.

If this works, you should use the supplied °Tickstory Info° EA which can automatically generate all your broker-specific settings. If all your symbols have the "i1" suffix, you should specify this in the EA °Suffix° parameter prior to running it so it generates the correct spreads and mappings for you. See the section on "Customising MT4 Export settings" in Help Manual if you need further details on how to do this.

Hope this helps!

P.S Could you please tell us what broker uses this suffix and what does the "i1" denote?

thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi admin,

Thank you for your prompt support.

Finally I got it working with TickStoryInfoExpert.ex4

The Broker which uses this suffix is http://www.icmarkets.com.au/ but I'm not sure what "i1" denotes.

Great software! Thanks!

Thomas

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent news - thanks for the feedback, Thomas.